Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Party offers

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

On the 29th December I upgraded my tariff (another 12 month sim only)

As soon as it went through I checked my contact preferences to make sure they were unchanged. The only one I wanted information about was O2 Priority. Everything was in order and remained as they were set previously. I checked again 2 days later. All fine.

However.. tonight I checked again (after someone posted about a third party offer they had received)

This is what I found

Third party offers.PNG

I can assure everyone reading this that I have made NO changes to my account. I have now changed third party offers to NO and saved changes.

I just advise everyone to make regular checks. I am furious that this has happened if honest....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Well it's not the first time is it!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Well it's not the first time is it!

No..it's certainly not the first time and I hoped that was a one off. It appears not. I was shocked to see it had happened again...Not sure when.... as it was fine on the 29th and the 1st of January. I only checked again tonight and saw the changes!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Just checked and mine are all OK for now but will keep an eye on them.
I did warn you to check as mine did change when I added a new contract just before Christmas tho.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Just checked and mine are all OK for now but will keep an eye on them.
I did warn you to check as mine did change when I added a new contract just before Christmas tho.

And I did check... twice....and all was fine. Till tonight (or god knows when it changed) Certainly between the 1st and 11th January.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
The system must do it automatically at some point.
If I remember correctly you said you were asked and refused any marketing contact when you were on the call, didn't you?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
If I remember correctly you said you were asked and refused any marketing contact when you were on the call, didn't you?

Yes I did. It was live chat and the guy certainly was in no doubt about my refusal re marketing contact.

So if the system does this automatically (which it has in my case) then everyone needs to keep checking. I would hope though O2 IT gets the message and does whatever needed to stop the system resetting our preferences.. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 13

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I changed tariff 10 days ago via My O2 and made no alterations to my preferences. just checked because of this thread and found this....

Capture.JPG

Obviousle changed back to no but this is now the second time this has happened. Luckily I've received no 3rd party calls but apparently changes take up to 28 days to take effect. Last thing I want is unsolicited calls but thinking about it, my sim and phone were blocked after being stolen NYE so that would explain no calls. I find this changing of preference disgraceful in every aspect.

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Yes I did. It was live chat and the guy certainly was in no doubt about my refusal re marketing contact.

So if the system does this automatically (which it has in my case) then everyone needs to keep checking. I would hope though O2 IT gets the message and does whatever needed to stop the system resetting our preferences.. 

Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
O2 must be desperate for numbers to sell on.....

Currently using:
Message 9 of 13

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12088 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
Looks like a change in service is what triggers this, as just checked mine and 3rd party still set to no.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 13