Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Upgrade Dilema

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144159 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

So my wife needed to upgrade as her old 16gb 5s was full, slow and generally playing up, so I went online to look at the options.

I noticed I could upgrade to a "Like New" 64gb 6 for £1 a month less than  am paying now, same tariff etc so it was a no brainer.

Called local store and was told that it was available online only, so with much dread I proceeded to order off the website.

I started this at 14.20 yesterday.

Selected phone (showing in stock) and placed in basket.

Website told me there was a small balance to be paid off outstanding on device plan and that it would be added to basket. Clicked OK.

Page came up to confirm cost to upgrade, new tariff price and free next day delivery. Clicked OK

Enter card details - heart in mouth whilst I waited for "Oops, something went wrong" The message never arrived and the payment was taken successfully.

At 14.26 I received 4 emails with all my legal documents.

At 18.56 I received an email to say the tariff change had gone through successfully.

At 18.57 I received an email say my order was complete and MyO2 had updated with tracking details for DPD.

At 8.46 this morning the phone was received some 18.5 hours after starting the order process!

So all in all, a painless and satisfactory experience. Quicker than Amazon Prime as the case I ordered from them for it just after completing the phone order hasn't arrived yet wink

I may have to reconsider my responses in future as this was dead simple and easy - I know things can and do go wrong, but hopefully they are limited in numbers. In this case though, 10/10 Smiley Very Happy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Great to hear that the process worked well @MI5 and I'll report this abck to the team slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 14 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
wow.
well done o2!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 19

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Glad I'm not the only one who's managed to have a painless experience with the website. slight_smile

I only became an O2 customer again last September when I started in my new job, and since that time I've placed 3 different orders online as my contracts elsewhere expired and I brought them over - all for Click and Collect, and all without issue. 

As you say, I'm sure there are issues sometimes, but glad to see it working as it should. 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 3 of 19

MI5
  • 144159 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Just sent the text "LOYALTY" to 21500 for the additional line discount to be applied (I was told it could be applied when you upgrade an existing account too).
Had text back saying I will hear back in 3 days - fingers crossed slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Well done you.... and O2.(Doubt they would have dared to get it wrong on this occasion)

A bit light hearted but hey....Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 19

MI5
  • 144159 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Amazon just delivered case tongue

Currently using:
Message 6 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Amazon just delivered case tongue

Good for them....All sorted. Less than 24 hrs.

See things CAN be completed speedily if the effort is put in...Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 19

MI5
  • 144159 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Very little effort from me - just how I like it wink

Currently using:
Message 8 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Very little effort from me - just how I like it wink

No answer to that...so I won't attempt one...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 19

jonsie
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

So my wife needed to upgrade as her old 16gb 5s was full, slow and generally playing up, so I went online to look at the options.

I noticed I could upgrade to a "Like New" 64gb 6 for £1 a month less than  am paying now, same tariff etc so it was a no brainer.

Called local store and was told that it was available online only, so with much dread I proceeded to order off the website.

I started this at 14.20 yesterday.

Selected phone (showing in stock) and placed in basket.

Website told me there was a small balance to be paid off outstanding on device plan and that it would be added to basket. Clicked OK.

Page came up to confirm cost to upgrade, new tariff price and free next day delivery. Clicked OK

Enter card details - heart in mouth whilst I waited for "Oops, something went wrong" The message never arrived and the payment was taken successfully.

At 14.26 I received 4 emails with all my legal documents.

At 18.56 I received an email to say the tariff change had gone through successfully.

At 18.57 I received an email say my order was complete and MyO2 had updated with tracking details for DPD.

At 8.46 this morning the phone was received some 18.5 hours after starting the order process!

So all in all, a painless and satisfactory experience. Quicker than Amazon Prime as the case I ordered from them for it just after completing the phone order hasn't arrived yet wink

I may have to reconsider my responses in future as this was dead simple and easy - I know things can and do go wrong, but hopefully they are limited in numbers. In this case though, 10/10 Smiley Very Happy

Just...wow Mexican Wave

Message 10 of 19