Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tariff increase

Kev11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just received a nice email saying the monthly cost of the handset is rising by 13% due to the rise in inflation. 

Good job this is mirrored by my 13% increase in wage…oh wait 😐 

Done with O2 once this contracts over 👍🏻

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6781 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1519 Solutions

What sort of tariff are you on? If a refresh tariff where the handset is paid for via a loan then that element will stay the same.

Airtime, however, is rising by 17.3% which is allowed and in line with the terms and conditions which  you read before signing up.

Most networks are raising prices by a similar amount.

If you want to avoid yearly price rises,don't take out a contract 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144985 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@Kev11 

All explained here in line with the T&C's you agreed to.

https://www.o2.co.uk/prices

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 21

Kev11
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just find it…well…standard these days…that a company reporting growth and billions in turnover each quarter do nothing but ADD to a cost of living crisis under the guise of a “well it’s tough for us too” email, and you did sign this…

you’re both completely right though, I signed a contract, so that’s on me.

The email speaks volumes to me about the company though, and once the contract is up, I’ll be looking elsewhere. Thanks though 👍🏻

Message 4 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144985 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

Totally agree @Kev11 

Same with the oil companies reporting billions in profit yet still screwing us for energy costs.

It's always the consumer that suffers so voting with your feet is the only option we all have.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 21

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10282 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3023 Solutions

Just be aware:

BT/EE up 14.4%

Vodafone up 14.4%

Tesco Mobile up 14.4% or give them your data via a Clubcard deal. 

Three between 4.5% and 14.4% 

So they have all done it, and you need to wait until after the end of march to get away with this years RPI/CPI increase. 

The texts I have had today says mine is only going up by 13.4% and not 17.3% so lower than the others.. by a whole 1% 

and with my Open Discount and a F&F discount is not a 11.6% discount and a 6.6% discount in real terms ...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 21

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23205 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

From Have I Got News For You:

'After British Gas owner Centrica reports record profits of £3.3 billion, bosses say as a special thank you to customers they won't kick anyone's door in until the second week of March.'

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 21

JG5
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Absolutely. These blue chip companies are raking in billions and they are not passing any of this on to the consumer. Once my contract is run I’m done with O2. Their signal coverage is pretty terrible too. And the customer service is mediocre at best.

Message 8 of 21

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10282 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3023 Solutions

@JG5 

We get you dont like it, but stop spamming the forum with the same post.. 

This conversation is been repeated with EE, Voda and Three across their communities...  No one likes it but at the end of the day... 

And what do you want them to pass on??, as businesses they are tthere to make money (not obscene amounts), and arent charities, and they need to reinvest, to improve services...  etc etc

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 9 of 21

ekyaJ
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

mediocre coverage, someone implied such a big increase isn’t to line the already ridiculously profitable pockets but to ‘reinvest’ and ‘improve services’ … if this was the case they would of been happy with the 13.4% RPI (which someone tried to point out is a good thing because it’s 1% less than competitors) whilst missing off the fact they then also add there own 3.9% on top of this for the fun of it. The same 3.9% that is normally only used when RPI is 0% or negative … anyone defending this astronomical hike in prices is living in delusion. I don’t think O2 are struggling … and they certainly are not using the money they are taking off customers to improve. 

Message 10 of 21