Did you mean: 

Switch UP nightmare DPD pin

Giotecno1977
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You can’t make this stuff up.

I decided to do a switch up last Saturday online due to the pixel 9 pro fold not being widely available in stores. Placed order Saturday night and all went thought. I have 3 lines and devices with o2. 2 of them are ipads with eSIMs and the third being my mobile device which I wish to upgrade. Dpd driver arrives with the device Monday and asks for a pin for the delivery. I didn’t receive it. I asked him what number he has and guess what he has the number for the ipad with the eSIM which can’t receive sms or text messages.  I called o2 Monday night advising them the situation. They said they changed the number and have asked Dpd to deliver next day. Dpd arrives guess what they still have the eSIM number and said they need the pin from the sms they sent. Again I can’t receive it hence they can’t give me the device. Tuesday night I call o2 again. They again assure me they changed the number on the system. I reiterate it’s the delivery carrier who needs to have this updated and they again assure me it’s all resolved and will get delivery tomorrow. So today. I check the tracking link sent via email and DPD state they are now returning the device back to o2. I was very upset and again called o2 they said sorry we craved the number but then put me through to a uk customer services agent and she did nothing. I got told wait till we receive it and then order again but do it via the phone and tell them to ensure they use the phone number not eSIM for the order. So I received my Jiffy bag to send my old phone back for switch up on the my o2 app the new phone is showing yet I have no phone nothing. I am disappointed and not happy also the two agents I spoke with were not very proficient at speaking English to say the least. 

now I wait until o2 receive it and then try again. 

if the phone was widely available I would have done the switch up in store which always goes smoothly. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9603 Posts
  • 230 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

A comedy of errors @Giotecno1977 ; hopefully you'll get sorted with your new handset in the not too distant future ! 😀 

Message 2 of 8

Giotecno1977
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I hope so 🤞 but not holding my breath yet.  clearly o2 customer services needs to improve. 

Message 3 of 8

Marcuswk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did you manage to find a solution to this - Im in the same boat and DPD have now returned the new device to O2, customer services gets disconnected every time I get through so a bit of a joke

Message 4 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11631 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

@Marcuswk 

Ring the sales team and get them to change the contact number in the account, as talking to the DPD driver this morning, they cant clear the drop off without a PIN, and it checks the one you give is correct 

Sales can be contacted on 0800 081 0255

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 5 of 8

Marcuswk
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks - I had already changed my contact number which is the annoying thing - got a number of texts and emails from O2 to the right number advising me good was shipping etc and with DPD but DPD had the old number

Message 6 of 8

Matt2711
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there-

I am in the same position you were in!!

Can I ask what number you called or what options did you use to get the pin changed?

My handset is due for delivery tomorrow and despite numerous requests to O2 to contact DPD and change the number, this still hasn’t been done!

Thank you. 

Message 7 of 8

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8082 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1656 Solutions

@Matt2711 Sales team is

0800 081 0255

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 8 of 8