Did you mean: 

DPD pin nightmare

Matt2711
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi-

Ive been an o2 customer for many years and this is my first post within these forums due to a situation that is riddled with lies, incompetence and downright terrible customer service, the like of which you really couldn’t make up. 
Some context-

My wife and I have 4 contracts - one each for us and the remaining two which are for 2 of our children.

On the 13th September, I upgraded one of the handsets via ‘switch up’ to an iPhone 16pro max.

Fast forward to last Friday, and DPD turn up with the handset and duly asked for a pin (no mention of this process during upgrade).

I had no pin, there was no pin attached to tracking and the driver had to leave, with a rescheduled delivery date the following Monday.

After numerous calls to O2 it transpired that the pin had been sent to a dormant number that hadn’t been in use for over 10 years!!!!!

I have made numerous calls to rectify this, and have been assured on each occasion that the number has been updated, however upon checking with DPD they still have the old number on file.

I have been assured on each occasion that the number would been changed and would be reflected “24hrs later” but still the number is the same.

One advisor even advised taking out another line!!!

A majority of calls have resulted in agents who are clearly in another country putting me on “hold” and then either transferring me where the process of explaining again what’s happened begins, or I’m cut off.

I’ve had to keep rescheduling delivery in the hope that this simple task has been completed, the handset is due for delivery tomorrow and guess what???

Having made yet another call yesterday and been assured the number has been changed, it’s still the wrong number.

O2 customer service has declined rapidly.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7913 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

Yours is not an unique post, unfortunately.

Agents have now been withdrawn from even here so there is little we can do.

Many of us advise using Switch Up in store to eleviate many of the problems that arise by doing it online

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12620 Posts
  • 100 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

We are asked to point people to use o2 social media channels, and in fairness they do seem to help in most cases @Matt2711 

All of the links you need are in the below guide

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 3