Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock issue (yet again!)

Mantis7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why is o2 allowed to get away with such incompetent actions when it comes to the way they treat customers new and old!

I refreshed my contract and ordered the samsung galaxy z fold 3 with click and collect as my nearest shop was showing in stock, I then get an email and txt saying bad news, the item is not in stock. So I called the shop in question to double check if there was stock and they basically told me, they had 3 or less in stock and when this is the case they cant release stock that is upgrades, they have to wait until specific stock is delivered for specific customers?!? Does this make any sense to anybody, am I just being dumb here thinking this seems backwards? 

Ok, so after speaking to the o2 salesman, it updated as not in stock, to then a few days later go back to in stock, so I spoke with live chat who confirmed it was in stock but wouldnt give me a reason why I cannot go collect from the store, then had a snotty sounding customer care on the phone who sounded like he didnt even want to talk on the phone even though I was not being rude as I understand its not their wrong doing and I was just asking a question, he just said its not in stock and you have to wait!

Ive put a complaint in so ill wait and see what is said.

Its just frustrating to be sent on a wild goose chase for something that has been years of the same old thing for other poor customers where they are told there is stock to then be told there isnt stock.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Mantis7 The unsatisfying answer to your question is that they get away with it because they can. They've been doing this to customers for years. If you want to lodge a formal complaint, here's a link for you, for what good it will do you. We do sympathise:

How to Complain | Help | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

Mantis7
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the link I appreciate it. I will update on what they finally say although you can probably guess what they will say judging from previous threads or experiences.

Message 3 of 8

Mantis7
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well, just to update on this, I got the phone after being told by live chat i was not getting it for another 4 weeks! Why does o2 pay most of these people who basicalled are just mostly going onto the o2 website and doing checks that the every day person can do! 

To cut the long story short, I had phoned the shop who said they had stock available and was unsure why o2 was telling me I had to wait so told me to call customer service. I phoned them and a lovely professional woman helped me more than any other person I had spoken to. She checked their internal tracking for the delivery of stock to the shop in question and told me it really should either be delivered by DHL to the shop by 5pm, if not then it should be in the following day which was today, friday. I called the shop and luckily they had not long recieved their deliveries and my order was in with them!

considering I went and picked my phone up yesterday, live chat had told me I had to wait 4 WEEKS before my phone would be ready to collect! 

O2 really need to do a sacking sweep on their live chat jokers because giving such misinformation is absolute joke!

I’m still waiting to hear back from the complaint I logged which this will all be brought up when they decide to finally call me.

Message 4 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Mantis7 Live Chat is useless, and has been useless for years. O2's stock reporting system is antique. It doesn't give the customer real time reporting, and never has. It's the way O2 can take your money and earn some interest on it before you get what you ordered. A trick they've always done. They get away with it because they can.

Don't hold your breath waiting for anyone to call you back about your complaint. There's pretty good odds against that ever happening.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

The only customers who get live stock updates are Enterprise customers and we go via Account Managers...  And to be fair to o2 its the same with BT (EE) and Vodafone... 

And I agree it is about time they all got live stock information on their sales pages

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Sorry but I don't believe Enterprise customers are privy to live stock issues

barely a soul at O2 knows their ass from their elbow.

Neither Apple or Samsung know what's on the container ships

Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Sorry but I don't believe Enterprise customers are privy to live stock issues

barely a soul at O2 knows their ass from their elbow.

Neither Apple or Samsung know what's on the container ships

Or how long they will be stuck in Felixstowe, waiting for non existent HGV drivers to pick them up!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8