cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Swap

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've got a new iPhone 6 and no other phone, so how do I keep my number and get a nano sim for my phone
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you do it in store, you need photo ID, so only Passport or driving license will be accepted.

Message 11 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

If you do it in store, you need photo ID, so only Passport or driving license will be accepted.

Though this doesn't happen with all shops @Anonymous. When I transferred mine in January I just took the receipt stating I had gone onto Simplicity tariff....my phone...and the new sim. They didn't even look at the receipt... I agree its better to be safe than sorry...but...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess It's like everything else...there are people that follow procedures ( if they cant verify you on their security checks they need photo Id) and there are people that don't follow procedure and risk having consequences for their actions...Smiley Frustrated

Message 13 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Maybe the lass remembered me from a previous visit? Anyway I can't complain...she was brilliant at the transfer...job done in 10 mins and the phone working before I actually left the shop...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145067 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
I was just asked my security question.
In fact I've never shown any id in an o2 shop for anything.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 15 of 17

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Well I have gone paperless....Smiley Frustrated...So all that sort of info as proof of where you live...seems to be going out of the window now...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 17