cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium & information service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  A man walks into a bank and says can I have £1.25 from one of your customers accounts.  The Bank Manager says that won,t be a problem and hands over the money. That just would not happen but this is effectivly what O2 is doing with my money.  The Premium & information service 60147 asks for the money and O2 gives it to them there is absolutly not checks made to see if the O2 customer has aggreed to these charges or even knows that they are being charged for a service they did'nt know they had.  The first the O2 customer knows of these charger is when they get their bill.  On informing O2 that they have not agreed to the Premium & information service 60147 O2 says that is not our problem you need to get in touch with the Premium & information service 60147.  What this amounts to is that Premium & information service 60147 can go to any account ask O2 for the money and O2 gladly give it to them. What is this Premium & information service 60147 I have no idea but what I do know is that I have as yet not been able to get my money back. I asked to O2 to Block any Premium & information service as I have absolutly no need of this type of service only to be told by O2 sorry we can't do that.

User Name:- Casey Bee

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous

the company's name/trading name is IMI Stock, you register via sms , so the registration would have been done from your phone. You can either text the work stop to 60147 or if you want to make a complaint their customer services number is 03330030581. Hope this helps slight_smile

Edit: http://www.smswatchdog.com/text-message-from/60147

You may want to have a look at this. It seems they also advertise on facebook, some sort of competition or free offers and that is how they get your details, you subscribe to it and somewhere there will be small print mentioning that you are subscribing and accepting the charges ....:smileysad:

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous

the company's name/trading name is IMI Stock, you register via sms , so the registration would have been done from your phone. You can either text the work stop to 60147 or if you want to make a complaint their customer services number is 03330030581. Hope this helps slight_smile

Edit: http://www.smswatchdog.com/text-message-from/60147

You may want to have a look at this. It seems they also advertise on facebook, some sort of competition or free offers and that is how they get your details, you subscribe to it and somewhere there will be small print mentioning that you are subscribing and accepting the charges ....:smileysad:

Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145067 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
You must have authorised the charges somehow either willingly or otherwise....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Do you expect o2 to contact everyone to see if they have signed up to a premium service? Come on get real.

I do agree however that it is far too easy to unknowingly click on a link be it Facebook or any other website.

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like the op authorised them themselves
Message 6 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23220 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

You don't get signed up to these services by magic. The OP would have had to click on something or agree to something, and inadvertently get charged for something they know nothing about. Whether it's knowingly or not is not O2's, nor any mobile provider's responsibility. They can't monitor every text message. These kinds of sneaky services need to be stopped, but I would think that stopping them is OFCOM's responsibility.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 7