Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal in newquay

MadMonk72
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For nearly the last 3 month mast in newquay somewhere has been down, signal is sh*t Iv had to get another sim with ee so I can contact my very ill parents, as for internet waste of time... Im fed up pay enough money for what, Think its time to leave..

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38741 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1740 Solutions
Message 2 of 8

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9636 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@MadMonk72 

The signal is somewhere like Newquay is always likely to be congested in the Summer months. But you might it useful to check :-

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

You might also want to download the "My Network app" or visit :-

https://status.o2.co.uk/

Message 3 of 8

japitts
Level 8: Talented
  • 238 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Oxonian wrote:

@MadMonk72 

The signal is somewhere like Newquay is always likely to be congested in the Summer months.

There's no reason for this to automatically be the case. Good network planning (including spectrum deployment) can easily allow for busy hotspots such as this. If there's an external issue that prevents a tech-add or carrier-add being progressed, or single-site fault being restored, that's another story.

But to say that "it's a busy area, poor service is to be expected" is what marks the difference between networks that consistently perform well, and those that don't.

Message 4 of 8

Lottie84
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same experience here. A friend phone O2 yesterday regarding the same and was told that the mast is broken and is unlikely to be repaired until March 2025!

Message 5 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11633 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

That sounds like a resite and moving it, as it shouldnt take 8 months to fix a mast, so it could be that the landlord has asked for more money and o2 / CATL have told them to go take a running jump, which means o2 will have to go through planning, and I can imaging the council on Newquay wont want any major works doing during the peak season, as well as it takes time to put planning apps in. 

I also think CS probably have talked codswallop as they wont have a clue... Speak to your local councillors and MP and see if they can find out the truth via the official channels @Lottie84 

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 6 of 8

japitts
Level 8: Talented
  • 238 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Have a trawl of your local council's planning website for new applications - that will be the most reliable way to identify proposed new sites.

Site access can be a complicated subject when amicable relations break down, and March 2025 seems a very random date to mention. Anything that's planned for more than a month ahead can rarely be sensibly predicted.

Message 7 of 8

bhaskarsamani
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 57 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

that is all normal for o2 

Message 8 of 8