cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been waiting on a refund for around 2 months now. About three times I've gone in a circle where I'm told it will be 5 days or escalated to 3 days if it goes to complaints and someone will personally ensure it's completed and will keep in touch. Each time they've failed and not called me and when I check my bank there's no refund either so I have to start the process again.

I'm now in this circle again, told there's no way to escalate it and I'm still owed my £400 back. Your system doesn't work and I'm expected to just go away and let you keep my money.

You're leaving me with no option but to take a legal route, can someone phone and refund me today before I go postal and drive to your HQ.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I'm sure we can get you sorted @Anonymous smile but I'll need a few of your details so we can find your account. I've sent you a private message so click on the small envelope in the top right of the forum and reply from there thumbsup

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Martin,

I love the conviction you have but I'm honestly convinced you won't be able to get the refund done today. You might be able to get me put in your 5 day returns queue again today, but I've been along that route several times now, in fact I'm in it again right now. I've given my card/bank details over the phone many times and promised it will be with me in 3-5 working days many times.

Let me know how you get on but ultimately the refund process for O2 is completely broken in this instance and no human is able to take ownership of my issue and refund it manually.

Just to re-iterate for complete clarity, O2 refunds process does not work (in my case for some unknown reason). Please don't put me in it again, it has to be done manually.

Thanks.

Message 12 of 15

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous It's unlikely to be today however you seem to be stuck in a loop with the refund process so I wont rest until we get this properly processed for you wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Martin, it's appreciated but honestly I've heard this quite a few times now so you can probably imagine it's a believe it when I see it situation.

The standard complaints dept couldn't help (think they put me in the refunds queue a few times even though I explained it doesn't work) and neither could the next level up where it's supposed to be expedited etc (again, same refunds queue that failed, they said it would work this time - it didn't). From there we got an 'executive' team but they put me back in the 5 day queue again despite explaining it doesn't work. 

My wife has just let me know she's managed to find a high up in O2 over LinkedIn (she messaged quite a few there) and one has taken the steps to manually approached the 'CEO's office' so there might be a chance there but I don't hold out hope. I expect they'll put us in the refunds queue and ask us to wait another 5 working days.

Your social and media teams all put me through the same system and back in the refunds queue and then ignore me and wonder why I'm messaging asking for a refund.

If you're able to look at it your end too that would be great.

Cheers.

Message 14 of 15

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

No problem @Anonymous We'll get this sorted out for you. I've already escalated your details so I'll be in touch if I need any more info or have an update for you wink

signature

Message 15 of 15