cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POOR customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last Friday I went to one of the O2 stores to get help with my phone that would not send text messages. Anyway, since I have temporarily changed to Pay as You Go, which was couple of months ago, I was unable to send text messages. If I tried to send one, a 'failed' message would appear, therefore I spoke to someone via Chat Online, who was unable to solve the problem as we were unable to find the right path to the message settings and I was advised to go to the nearest store instead. I as doing my final exams and writing a dissertation, so I was unable to go until last Friday. The staff in the store was quite helpful, however the person serving me was unable to fix the problem as he also could not find the text messages settings, so I was put on the phone to one of the advisers. This is where the problem starts.

I explained the problem and I was asked by the adviser to enter the message settings, obviously. So I explained the message settings were not where the general settings were and even the staff in the store were unable to find them. At this point the adviser started to get annoyed with me, as if I was an idiot and could not find such a simple thing as the settings. There was also a lot of noise from the customers being served in the store, so I had to ask the adviser (kindly) to repeat what he had just said, which made him even angrier and started to raise his voice. 
Finally, he correctly guided me to the settings and informed me that the messaging center number was wrong and I was to change it, which I did. I was then asked to restart my phone and send a text message. I did so, however the messages were not sending, to which he raised his voice again and told me that he can see that I have just sent 4 text messages. I said to him kindly, I believe I used following words: "I know I must seem totally dumb, but I swear that the messages are not showing up, they did not sent." To which he started to shout and told me he could see I sent the messages and made me feel like an total idiot. I was really upset with the way I was treated, what a poor, poor behavior from and adviser! I thanked him and put the phone down.

Anyway, the 'failed' message continued top appear, so when I got home, I searched for the problem online and I found out that the adviser gave me the wrong message center number. He told me to change it to: +447802000332, however I read from the website that it should be the following: +447802092035.

I was hoping to go back to pay monthly as I am looking into getting a new phone, but if this is how I get treated, I no longer want to be an O2 customer.

Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree , sorry i posted my story before seeing this and will speak to someone , so frustrated over the whole thing Thank you
Message 51 of 62

Cleoriff
  • 122964 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I agree , sorry i posted my story before seeing this and will speak to someone , so frustrated over the whole thing Thank you

I am so sorry you find yourself in this position. Your reluctance to go to Contract from PAYG is very similar to mine. Luckily I had a very honest advisor. I travel to Spain a lot and she pointed out how much I was paying to top up every time I went and I agreed the contract that was on offer was best for me. I continued to be wary but I checked my monthly bills through MyO2 every month to assure myself I was within my limit. I have had no problem at all really.

The problem is I find that people who have been on contract a long time do tend to be very knowledgeable about how to check things and how to change tariffs if the one you have doesn't suit...

The fact remains the those of us NEW to contracts need to wade through a minefield of info to get a level of understanding.

However...all that aside, the fact remains that although you feel you were misinformed...O2 will state that your account is your responsibility.

I think you need to take the advice previously given and look to C.A.B to see if they can assist you further.

I am sorry you find yourself in this position but I think this is the best that can be done for you on the forum sadly slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 52 of 62

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

It's a sorry story indeed but you teally do need professional advice. There's no general rule of thumb and any advice given on here could be detrimental to your situation. CAB is free and they will advise if you need to get legal representation.

Message 53 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree , its been hell and now ill never get a mortgage , ive spent 6 years watching my experian report and pay £14.00 a month to ensure nothing appears that shouldn't .. Thanks for this and for coming back to me ..
Message 54 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
Totally agree , ill get on to them and see what can be done . Thank you for this
Message 55 of 62

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
We wish you good luck and hope it works out for you.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 56 of 62

jonsie
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 57 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you , ive asked the debt collection agency to remove the default based on the fact is was one payment and that was in dispute with the ombudsman , but i doubt ill get a result with them either .

Just sorry i ever agreed , i moved to a place that wasn't  the best but it was cheap and affordable and allowed me to save further for the mortgage , im not overly happy with the set up but it was only for a year until i bought my own place - o2 have ruined that now as ill never get a mortgage now

6 years of perfect credit history - ruined thanks to these people and 1 payment .

If i get anywhere ill let you know xx

Message 58 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had one of the most shocking experiences of my life today in an O2 shop that is in the Parc Trostra shopping centre in Llanelli. I had bought a phone and the cover and the case all the same time and at the advice of Vicky the manager. She even installed them. Because the case pinched the cover it started to come away from the phone. I went back to the shop and was told by a chap called Rob that there was in fact nothing wrong even though he could clearly see that the phone was now faulty. He insisted on repeating over the top of whatever I said there was no fault and when I expressed my astonishment in a way that did in fact include an expletive. A sentence that started with "you must be" he then sent for the Parc Trostra security. I was then effectively forced to leave the shop even though the chap, who called security, also used an expletive. The exact same one, in front of me and the other customers who were present I might add. I called the O2 customer helpline who suggested I go to a different O2 shop and guess what; they recognised the fault immediately took off the offending part and reimbursed my money.

This imp, Rob, actually tried to win an argument with a customer by calling security and claiming that the customer had become violent and abusive and thus needing to to be ejected by security staff. Luckily the whole incident was caught on CCTV and so it was easy to prove that his action was entirely irresponsible and completely unjustified. So there it is. The worst and most disgusting shopping experience of my life. Well done O2!

Message 59 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had one of the most shocking experiences of my life today in an O2 shop that is in the Parc Trostra shopping centre in Llanelli. I had bought a phone and the cover and the case all the same time and at the advice of Vicky the manager. She even installed them. Because the case pinched the cover it started to come away from the phone. I went back to the shop and was told by a chap called Rob that there was in fact nothing wrong even though he could clearly see that the phone was now faulty. He insisted on repeating over the top of whatever I said there was no fault and when I expressed my astonishment in a way that did in fact include an expletive. A sentence that started with "you must be" he then sent for the Parc Trostra security. I was then effectively forced to leave the shop even though the chap, who called security, also used an expletive. The exact same one, in front of me and the other customers who were present I might add. I called the O2 customer helpline who suggested I go to a different O2 shop and guess what; they recognise the fault immediately took off the offending part and reimbursed my money.

This imp, Rob, actually tried to win an argument with a customer by calling security and claiming that the customer had become violent and abusive and thus needing to to be ejected by security staff. Luckily the whole incident was caught on CCTV and so it was easy to prove that his action was entirely irresponsible and completely unjustified. So there it is. The worst and most disgusting shopping experience of my life. Well done O2!

Message 60 of 62