Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 website Header page change - feedback needed

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Yesterday I noticed a change in the O2 community header (home page) whilst using my laptop

It happened half way through the day.

Luckily I was able to take a snip of what it used to look like as I had a tab open from when I first logged on

This is how it has always looked ...

O2 top header 1.PNG

After 1pm it looked like this ....

O2 top header 2.PNG

So to answer the questions I am sure will follow

1) This is on my laptop using Firefox 55.0.3 (latest version)

2) I have tried it on Edge and Chrome on laptop and it's also showing the 'new' second header

3) I have cleared cache and cookies...

So a few questions....

Why the change?

Has anyone else noticed the new header on PC?

Personally I find it a real annoyance. Half the tabs are no longer showing....the Apps tab can't be found in any of the sections.

There is no point asking me what it looks like on my phone as I use my laptop 99% of the time I am online and wouldn't notice if anything had changed on my mobile....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 118
117 REPLIES 117

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello guys

We got a confirmation from O2 about the new O2 website header. They are running a test and only 50% of the users should be able to see it.  They are always trying to improve the use of their website to be able to help users on their journey.

So please, if you are able to see the new navigation and what to share your feedback or ideas with the O2 User Experience Team, do it here.  thumbsup

Thanks @Cleoriff for telling us! Fantastic

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 11 of 118

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Interesting that O2 can segregate users !........what else aren't some of us able to see ?
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 12 of 118

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

For my personal feedback @MercedesS I dislike it with a passion!

It's not helpful at all. For those of us that use the tab headings to quickly flick to for links to help other users it's a navigational nightmare.

1) You have to click on either 'more for you' or 'help'...and then click on the one you want (if you can find it)

2) Apps (using my pc) is missing totally...

3) If you click on My O2 it doesn't give you the previous My O2 general link ..it takes you straight to your own personal My O2

4) After signing into my O2 and exiting....you have to sign into the community again (even though you are already signed in!!)

This is what I have found to date. slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 118

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Thanks so much @Cleoriff! This is really helpful! I will test too when I get some free time cause I am the only one here that can see it flushed 

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 14 of 118

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Obviously I am only speaking from the perspective of a regular user who generally helps others.

I can't speak for new users.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 118

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Perhaps this is the first stage of making it clear to new users that the Community is not O2 Customer Service or O2 Live Chat ?.......we can only hope and wait with bated breath.
Message 16 of 118

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:
Perhaps this is the first stage of making it clear to new users that the Community is not O2 Customer Service or O2 Live Chat ?.......we can only hope and wait with bated breath.

Well as new users will have to make a longer search to get the answer they want...I doubt it will help them...in fact it will probably make things worse..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 118

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Work-in-Progress.......glass half full !!
Message 18 of 118

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Sorry, maybe I didn't explain it clear disappointed_relieved

The new header is not for the community but for the all O2 site. thumbsup

Message 19 of 118

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@MercedesS wrote:

Sorry, maybe I didn't explain it clear disappointed_relieved

The new header is not for the community but for the all O2 site. thumbsup

Well tell them to revert it back @MercedesS. It's driving me mad. Confused Destroy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 118