Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 website Header page change - feedback needed

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Yesterday I noticed a change in the O2 community header (home page) whilst using my laptop

It happened half way through the day.

Luckily I was able to take a snip of what it used to look like as I had a tab open from when I first logged on

This is how it has always looked ...

O2 top header 1.PNG

After 1pm it looked like this ....

O2 top header 2.PNG

So to answer the questions I am sure will follow

1) This is on my laptop using Firefox 55.0.3 (latest version)

2) I have tried it on Edge and Chrome on laptop and it's also showing the 'new' second header

3) I have cleared cache and cookies...

So a few questions....

Why the change?

Has anyone else noticed the new header on PC?

Personally I find it a real annoyance. Half the tabs are no longer showing....the Apps tab can't be found in any of the sections.

There is no point asking me what it looks like on my phone as I use my laptop 99% of the time I am online and wouldn't notice if anything had changed on my mobile....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 118
117 REPLIES 117

Cleoriff
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I have only noticed it a couple of times over the past 10 days or so. I ignored the first couple of times, thinking it was some other 'glitch' ....but seeing it happen to two topics earlier this morning. I thought it was worth a mention...frowning

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 101 of 118

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Cleoriff and @jonsie! yes, we have reported it to Lithium some weeks ago because when we move topics, they all appear like new when they shouldn't. Hopefully, the bug will be fixed soon thumbsup

Thanks for letting us know heart

And I guess you have noticed that the "test for the new navigation" is done so... all back to normal again Cheers for now wink

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 102 of 118

jonsie
  • 93214 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions
Message 103 of 118

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Morning guys!

The new header test in on again. The problems you have reported should have been fixed.

Please, let us know Thanks!

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 104 of 118

Cleoriff
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

All fixed for me on PC @MercedesS.

It reverted to the normal header page after 2 days. I am now seeing this (which is exactly how it should be) and creating no navigational issues at all O2 header 3.PNG

Also I am now again able to copy and paste images directly to the forum.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 105 of 118

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Thanks for telling @Cleoriff

If you get the new one again and see any problem, let us know wink

Message 106 of 118

jonsie
  • 93214 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions
Message 107 of 118

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello guys, 

We got a nice update from the O2 Web Optimisation team on the current global navigation test and your feedback!!! HeroHero

"Hello guys, Thanks for all your comments.

We’re always looking at ways to improve the website and your feedback is really important to us.

We want to make the site easier to navigate, and are currently running a test on the global nav, which is why some of you will be seeing the new layout. The method that we are using to test this new navigation is called AB split testing, where 50% of the customers will see the original navigation and 50% will see a new one. When someone visits our site, they are randomly assigned either the old or new navigation, which is why some customers will see the new navigation and some will not. We use web browser cookies to keep customers within the experience they first encounter during the test duration, which means if you see the new navigation, you will continue to see it when you come back to the website as long as it’s on the same device/web browser and the test is still active.

The reason why we AB split test is to robustly measure the impact the new navigation is having on our customers, and make sure that we are making a change that is having a positive impact on our customer experience. We typically run our AB test for 2 – 4 weeks, as that’s how long it takes to get final results.

It might take a bit of getting used to the new navigation, but please bear with it, and keep your feedback coming.

Thanks, O2"

Message 108 of 118

jonsie
  • 93214 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Interesting I saw the new layout before I signed in and then went back to the old layout after I signed in.

There is a statement that it is a customer forum. But I think the statement needs to be in 'bold' lettering to stand out more. I only noticed it because I was looking for it. It could be easily missed if you logged on for the first time.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 110 of 118