cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 or Aerial - who am I with? and why has my phone stopped working when I tried to ask O2 online?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My 02 contract was up for renewal and someone claiming to be from 02 phoned and offered me a new deal for 24 months. My contract now seems to be with Aerial but my bank Direct Debit is still with 02. Are they a bonafide company? Today they (Aerial) sent me a letter saying I'm due a monthly refund for not getting a new phone, and want my bank details including account no and sort code. Is this all OK? I tried getting help with an O2 online advisor but they couldn't help me and now my mobile phone has stopped working. Screen looks fine but I cannot send or receive calls or texts since asking for help!!!

Message 1 of 243
242 REPLIES 242

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

MI5
  • 145094 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Make sure they haven't put you on a business contract. This has happened a lot with Aerial slight_frown

It will be - that's all they do !!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 152 of 243

Anonymous
Not applicable

Business On & On 2GB

i've called them today and the girl on customer services said she will call me before friday, because she was about to ear the conversation when they call me on january

Message 153 of 243

Cleoriff
  • 123382 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Make sure they haven't put you on a business contract. This has happened a lot with Aerial slight_frown

It will be - that's all they do !!

Thank you for that! Maybe I should have said Aerial are renowned for wrongly putting people on a business contract. I will know next time I post.  Smiley Indifferent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 154 of 243

Anonymous
Not applicable
The dreaded curse of Aerial strikes again.

@Toby @Anonymous isn't it about time o2 did something about this? How many more FRAUDULENT transactions need there to be cos that is potentially what they are.
Message 155 of 243

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Local Trading Standards would, I believe, view this as mis-selling unless Aerial can prove that the consumer was specifically told that it was a business contract.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 156 of 243

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

From previous posts on here most customers don't realise they are on a business contract so I'm sure they don't clarify that on the call. Until O2 do something about this then customers will continue to fall victim to this bunch of sharks.

Message 157 of 243

Cleoriff
  • 123382 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

This is precisely my concern (the fact that customers have no idea they are signing up to a business contract)

It appears that Aerial have no conscience when signing new customers. If they had... they would check whether their clients were in fact business or not...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 158 of 243

Anonymous
Not applicable

If this Aerial company is as bad as it is painted in this thread why isn't there a clear warning on the O2 Community home page to alert customers of the financial and/or other consequences of inadvertently  taking out a business contract?

At the very least the Community should publish a list of O2 "partner busineses"  who are authorised to contact customers togther with a clear statement of the products/services such companies may offer and whether O2 have any legal or other responsibilities in the event that things go wrong for customers.

@Marjo As Community Manager would you have any comments/advice to offer on the matter?

Message 159 of 243

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

There is a list of trusted partners on the website but no warning about their shady ethics.  Ths truth is that they make more money from a business account by way of commission and kickbacks from O2.

Message 160 of 243