cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 email still working?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope this hasn't been discussed somewhere else. I migrated my email to gmail when the notice for O2 arrived that it would be closing down on 20.6.16. 

However while there doesn't seem to be a web based access point on o2 anymore i am still receiving email and can send from the o2 account set up on my iPhone/iPad. Has anyone else found this and do you know know why? Is it just a delay etc? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Cleoriff
  • 123164 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Here we are on 10th July and still getting o2 emails.   If they are notg closing down the server as they said, why did we all bother?   Looks as if we will get o2 emails forever.Feedback

As we understood it...it was from June 20th...so I suspect they could still be in the closing down process?

Other than that I have no answer....Confused

Edited to add...I have just found the official link and it states on June 20th http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Update-on-the-O2-Webmail-closure/m-p/974947#U974947

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144722 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
Only @Toby or @Martin-O2 can get us official updates.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 24

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Webmail is closing down, but some accounts will close down at different times, so that we can ensure the process is completed properly. Please assume your account will not be active forever and do make preparations to move your email to another email account if you haven't already :).

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 23 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

You say webmail. But the implication was that your POP3/SMTP servers would also close, that has not happened and nearly one month on my old O2 email is still working via that route. Not that I actually use the address for anything nowadays, just curious.

Message 24 of 24