cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Dreadful customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having been with O2 I am glad to hear I can finally leaveBouncy. O2 customer service has always been bad but I stayed with them simply because I use Visual Voicemail and when I oreviously moved to Vodafone, I missed itCry. However now EE have not only far better coverage but also VVM. The only problem now is getting through the dreadful hold queueDon't know. I spent around 2 hours last week getting a PAC code but since I has not arrived, I have had to call back. 15 minutes on hold resulted in an appology but they have lost my request. I have now been on hold for 46 minutesDestroy.

When you get through to O2's automated call direction system, you hear that they are unusually busy Confusedand hold tiomes are longer trhan expectedCrazy. This is simply a lieThinking. Every time you call them, you hear the same infuruating messageEvil. If you hear this every time, then surely this cannot be unexpected, thus they are either incompetant or telling porkiesWave!

Anyway, I can put up with holding, as long as it results in my PAC code and not having to deal with this bunch of idiots again.

53 minutes and still holding.

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
I envy you, I'm stuck with O2 and a broken iPhone 4s until January 2016 😞 they offer to replace it.....at retail price of what an iPhone 4s was when it came out 4 years ago, or upgrade my contract and pay double what I'm on now, the thing that annoys me most is I naively thought that being a customer of 6 years would make a difference, perhaps I could have an upgrade I never took, or to offer me a cheaper tariff than the one I have now and a reduced rate on the handset....essentially what I got from customer service was this....buy a new phone...or renew my contract for another two years at twice what I'm paying now. I feel so valued as a customer! Leaving as soon as I can.
Message 11 of 40

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
If I'm reading this correctly you want O2 to replace a 4 year old phone for free?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've spent a total of about 2 and a half hours on the phone and 40 minutes on web chat to discuss my upgrade and I still haven't been able to speak to anyone! Looks like O2 will be losing yet another loyal customer....
Message 13 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

why would o2 replace a handset that is 3 years out of warrenty wich in actual fact is apple warrenty and not o2, why didnt you upgrade when you was availible to, and why should o2 just give you a phone that you have broke? what would you like to achive from this and from us on the community group? i think your just annoying yourself by going through this motion.. if you havent upgraded for 4 years or however long you will be on a rolling 30 day contract (sim only) paying proberbly around 15 sheets a month.. I think your gonna get no where fast. I wish you luck on this endevour because you will need it... 

Message 14 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was promised 30% off my airtime on my I Phone 6, due to organisation discounts. I have just received an automated text from O2 open saying that the I Phone 6 isnt eligible for the O2 Open discount. This is false advertisent surely!

Message 15 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
They do state in their online FAQs that the iPhone 6 models are exempt from the open code right now.

https://o2open.co.uk/O2Open/servlets/ShowFAQ

Usually after around 6 months they do add them in.
Message 16 of 40

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know EXACTLY what you mean, ditto....I was on hold on the web for 30 minutes and eventually got someone, they tell me to ring O2, on hold for 52 minutes to tell me they can't help..BU TTHEY SAY GO ONLINE AS ITS QUICKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.back on-line, oh they now can help me....but give me the wrong info, again. WHAT A SHAMBLES.......................THEY ARE MAKING MONEY FROM YOUR CALL ON HOLD....Employ more staff

@Anonymous wrote:

Having been with O2 I am glad to hear I can finally leaveBouncy. O2 customer service has always been bad but I stayed with them simply because I use Visual Voicemail and when I oreviously moved to Vodafone, I missed itCry. However now EE have not only far better coverage but also VVM. The only problem now is getting through the dreadful hold queueDon't know. I spent around 2 hours last week getting a PAC code but since I has not arrived, I have had to call back. 15 minutes on hold resulted in an appology but they have lost my request. I have now been on hold for 46 minutesDestroy.

When you get through to O2's automated call direction system, you hear that they are unusually busy Confusedand hold tiomes are longer trhan expectedCrazy. This is simply a lieThinking. Every time you call them, you hear the same infuruating messageEvil. If you hear this every time, then surely this cannot be unexpected, thus they are either incompetant or telling porkiesWave!

Anyway, I can put up with holding, as long as it results in my PAC code and not having to deal with this bunch of idiots again.

53 minutes and still holding.

Message 18 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

how are they making monery from your call?? 202 is free from any o2 pay monthly phone! 

Message 19 of 40

MI5
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

THEY ARE MAKING MONEY FROM YOUR CALL ON HOLD....

202 is a FREE call from your O2 phone......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 40