cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not accepting discount - told to leave O2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi - recently looked to upgrade my iPhone to an iPhone 6S. I get 30% discount with my firm at both O2 and Vodafone. I was told by O2 in store and agent I cannot use my discount code until released by O2 and made available on 6S (no date could be provided). I noted I had no desire to leave O2 as have been with them for over ten years now, but the answer was nothing you can do and I should go and take up a contract with Vodafone. Think this is absolutely appalling given the years of loyalty I have shown O2 that for the sake of a few months discount (insignificant in the context of the amount of money I have paid over the years) I am unable to stay with you and was advised to leave. Terrible customer experience.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Sorry you feel this way, but it is always recommended to go with a network which provides the service, coverage and costs that suit you.

O2 Open (30% discount) frequently excludes new release handsets until a few months down the line. At the time of writing the 6s and 6s+ are both excluded. I would expect them to be permitted for discount around January '16.

Unfortunately there is nothing anyone in-store on on the phone can do as it is the powers that be higher up who make the decision on when the discount will be permitted.
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
It is very annoying and a question we get asked many times around launch date.
Your best course of action is to register your complaint here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks both - will be such a shame to leave O2 after being with them since I first had a phone 15 years ago. All for the sake of tens of pounds for a few months...I'd understand if demand was so high everyone was out of stock, but clearly this is not the case with this launch!
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Loyalty is a one way street I'm afraid. Vote with your feet. Fair deal for all doesn't cover it but it's always the same, Iphones aren't available for open discount until at least 6 months after launch. O2 reason that supply and demand dictates squeezing every bit of profit when possible. Plenty of people queuing up to buy the iPhone. ...

Message 5 of 5