Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Unlock request

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3417 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

So to cut a long story short, I requested a network unlock code for my LG handset.

In the supplied instructions, it says I must use the Original SIM however after typing the relevant code it says, all the lock options are disabled and I can only dismiss it.

I watched a video where it shows you them placing a secondary SIM (another network) into the handset instead where it then requests you type in the code. Something at the back of my head is telling me this makes sense. I can't remember what I did with my Samsung Galaxy S2 although I think I swapped it for an Orange SIM, typed the code and reset it.

Have I been sold a one trick pony? Or shall I wait till I get another MicroSIM and try it like in the second video. TBH I can't be bothered talking to O2 customer support.

Indubitably true. Samsung S21 Ultra and Xiaomi 14 Ultra
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149371 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
This thread is already solved - Only the OP can do that and as you tagged on to another post you won't see that option.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 31 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you @MI5
Message 32 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
@MI5 Thank you
Message 33 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well spotted MI5. Appreciate that
Message 34 of 46

captainprice
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
Thanks for that MI5 been on my laptop xbox and mobile trying to mark the post solved, thanks to 1 and all for your remarks
Message 35 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your most welcome

Don't Worry too much about kudo's etc right now.

Just glad your sorted.

Message 36 of 46

Faithfull
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 35 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
So...am I guessing this right that if you buy a pay monthly phone from O2 it comes automatically unlocked? It's just when I go to the unlock screen I cannot enter a code it just says "this phone is permanently locked and cannot be unlocked". The phone is an Lg G2 and brand new.
Message 37 of 46

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93982 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Phone supplied by O2 are normally locked to the network.

To get the phone unlocked so as to use another network sim is to fill in the Unlock Phone form and you should get the unlock code emailed to you.

You then insert another network sim card and you should then be prompted to enter the code supplied by O2.

Have you tried another network sim to check if it is unlocked?

Message 38 of 46

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
@Faithfull that message is the message that is displayed when a sim unlock code has been entered incorrectly 5 or 10 times(varies on allowed attempts). It has been hard locked to the network.
Message 39 of 46

Faithfull
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 35 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
The phone is brand new so i dont see how that could be viridis. I will try using another sim card.
Message 40 of 46