Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - repair phone locked to verizon now phone appears lost

Stephr1983
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can anyone help as I don't know where to turn too.

On 15 July I received a  phone on insurance as my pixel 7 was freezing and it could not be fixed. When I put my sim into the phone it would not work as the phone stated 'network locked to verizon '.

A quick Google search told me this was a non regional carrier. When I rang 02 no one seemed to know what to do. This continued for week. Multiple phone calls for hours. At one point a customer service assistant told me to ring verizon myself and have the phone unlocked!! I must have spent 8+ hours on phone and on at least 5 occasions after 60+minutes i was put on hold and call terminated ( i don't believe that was coincidental). I asked to speak to managers on multiple occasions with none forthcoming. I kept asking for a replacement phone but was being told mine needed unlocked.  This was tried on 2 occasions and they kept processing unlatching requested ( again didn't work). 

A week later I eventually spoke to someone who could sense my frustration ( at this point i was in tears). She advised that the only way forward was to do a request via the repair service.

The phone was sent via the post office using the QR code provide to me. I have tracked it and says delivered 5 August. My 02 says phone has not yet been delivered and I have rang and saying they have do not have the phone as yet. I know previously it took 5 days for phone to be receives on my 02.

If you are still reading this ( much thanks) but I feel like I am at the end of my tether. I now have no phone coming up 5 weeks and no one who can give me any answers . I am being fobbed off and quite frankly I have never came across such incompetence via costumer services. 

I have sent a complaint but goodness knows how long that will take whilst I have no phone.

I still have a contract and owe too much on the phone to cancel.  

Has anyone any suggestions/help. Anything would be appreciated 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38217 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Insurance company let you down by not ensuring the handset they sent you was unlocked and good to use on O2's network, @Stephr1983 - would do no harm to highlight this to the numpty you called about the repair (O2 Insurance, presumably?)

Is there no old phone available to you that you can put your SIM into to tide you over?

Complaints seem to put your account into a Support limbo for about 8 weeks, as you may have noticed from posts here on the forum, @Stephr1983. Hard to get any phone support then.

Try X or Facebook as per the link just below, and be persistent!

Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23920 Posts
  • 1043 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@Stephr1983 Verizon is a US network provider. The phone is most likely incompatible with any UK network.

What are Phone Bands (GSM, CDMA) and Why Do They Matter? | Articles | Verizon

You need to contact whichever insurance provided you with that phone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11299 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

Verizon use GSM and the old CDMA phones will work on GSM  now, so Google dont make a specific Verizon version, but Verizon like all US networks simlock all devices .

It does sound like a booboo by Google/Refurb Handlers sending to the Insurance Company a renewed Verizon Phone... 

Just to add @Stephr1983 Royal Mail bulk sign for parcels before delivery to some locations such as repair centres, so it could be that Royal Mail have signed for it but are holding delivery...

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 4 of 4