cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mast not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in Barnet and for over 2 weeks i've had no mobile phone signal. 02 say there is a

mast not working. I've had this excuse for over 2 weeks . In this age of technology 

how long should it take to repair a mast. ( 2 days, maybe a week) 02 say use To Go which does not work

if more than 50 mtrs from router and even when next to the router its intermittent. 

Iv'e no choice but to move to another phone company

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

If o2 put a mast in my back garden (I wish!) I'm sure that with the lucrative deal they offer me they would want full access for repair.

You would be lucky to get more than a pound or two a year, churches do it to benefit the community but I know from experience gaining access isn't always easy.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 21 of 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93300 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I won't go into the way these so called contracts are negotiated but I have a good friend who is a farmer with an o2 mast on his land in the Oswaldtwistle area....

Message 22 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same boat. First reported an issue on 2nd of June, no signal, apart from the odd 30 seconds or so since the 5th. Absolute joke. Even before this issue I never get 4g where I live, and have very little mobile internet connection at all. As bad as t-mobile were, at least I never lost connectivity or signal.

Message 23 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

As regards TuGo, the only problem with this is i can't receive the text with the activation code, as I have no signal whatsoever.

Message 24 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Could you ask him if we could borrow it in Fulham please?
Message 25 of 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147021 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28283 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

As regards TuGo, the only problem with this is i can't receive the text with the activation code, as I have no signal whatsoever.

You'll have to go somewhere you can get a signal to receive the activation text. After that you will be OK to use the app anywhere on wifi.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 26 of 27

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

You'll have to go somewhere you can get a signal to receive the activation text. After that you will be OK to use the app anywhere on wifi.

Yes, a stroll up the road should do it. Smiley Indifferent

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 27 of 27