cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mast not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in Barnet and for over 2 weeks i've had no mobile phone signal. 02 say there is a

mast not working. I've had this excuse for over 2 weeks . In this age of technology 

how long should it take to repair a mast. ( 2 days, maybe a week) 02 say use To Go which does not work

if more than 50 mtrs from router and even when next to the router its intermittent. 

Iv'e no choice but to move to another phone company

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124279 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7523 Solutions

Instant is one thing @perksie....surely TWO weeks puts it out of that category...? slight_frown #just saying...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 27

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Well again we're only guessing and don't know the details, O2 won't want it down for a minute longer than necessary.

One mast was down for a year as it had to be removed and planning permission took forever from the council to get a replacement installed.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 12 of 27

MI5
  • 147021 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28283 Solutions
2 weeks without gaining access to ones own equipment is inexcusable in anyone's book......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 27

jonsie
  • 93300 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Access? Pitiful excuse, I could understand if it was on farmland during lambing season but come on, we're talking Barnet for God's sake?

Message 14 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

One would think it's that easy... but unfortunately it's not. There are loads of factors, and you would think some of the landlords would try and speed things up because they realize the impact on people...not! But it can be a number of things...and O2 as to play by the rules!

Message 15 of 27

jonsie
  • 93300 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Surely a mast built on private land should have access written into the contract? 

Message 16 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 124279 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7523 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Surely a mast built on private land should have access written into the contract? 

Just what I said earlier @jonsie.....

For instance, when the NHS contracted it's cleaning services out and there was a problem ....the company had free access all areas to check out our complaints..It was in the contract we both signed...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Most of them no....and I do kinda understand why...Let's take the farm example....if I had a farm and lived there I wouldn't want anybody to just come in whenever without me knowing...

Message 18 of 27

jonsie
  • 93300 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

If o2 put a mast in my back garden (I wish!) I'm sure that with the lucrative deal they offer me they would want full access for repair. If access is the issue then o2 really need to think again about the terms and conditions on any contract.

Message 19 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been like that since I can remember...and I've been in the mobile industry for nearly 20 years. It's not an O2 thing, all networks operate the same way...don't ask me why! My guess is that involves some kind of legal aspect...?

Message 20 of 27