cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liars.

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a snippet of an online chat transcript.

Tracey: Thank you. And just to confirm, you are sure that the college street store in Rotherham has the iPhone 5 16gb in black in stock?
Victor: Yes Tracey we do have the iphone 5 in our stock.
Victor: Please do not worry about it.
Victor: They'll offer you handset.
Tracey: Your answer seems very generic victor. I'm not exactly confident that what you are saying is correct
Victor: I've checked the stock for you and we do have the stock for iphone 5 16,32 and 64 GB.
Tracey: How many do they have?
Victor: We do have sufficient stock this time.
Victor: You'll get the iphone 5 now Tracey

So victor assures me the phones in stock, I cancel my order and guess what? No stock. Furious and fed up with O2 and their lies. I've sent this to ofcom. And I will be making a formal complaint too.
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, because the "guru" said he had confirmed the stock was in store and available to collect, try reading the first post. But by some sort of divine intervention, Victor managed to fail at that too.
Message 21 of 32

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24019 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3774 Solutions

I understand the frustration some people have had, but I don't understand why they feel the need to get so nasty about it. The advisor made an error. It's possible that his screen was showing that there was stock in that particular store. Mistakes happen. A crime wasn't committed. It's stock for a mobile phone we're talking about here.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 22 of 32

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Follow the correct complaints procedure as these forums are self help with very little input from o2.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C... has all the information you need.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 23 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dark shadow, the only name calling I have done has been aimed at the online Guru whom I called an imbecile. I haven't directed any insults at the community and am offended that you are suggesting I have.
Message 24 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes, because the "guru" said he had confirmed the stock was in store and available to collect, try reading the first post. But by some sort of divine intervention, Victor managed to fail at that too.

Hi Tracey, it helps when replying to quote the specific post you are replying to (it's the 'Quote' button at the upper right of the reply box) so that people know who you are addressing.

I'm sure everyone has read the opening post and is just trying to get a full understanding of the situation/your ultimate resolution to that situation so that they can try and help you.

It is coming across that you are very angry and perhaps that's not your intention, but maybe taking five minutes out and having a cuppa will help? 

We're all on your side too, you know. slight_smile

Message 25 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think *anyone* fails to understand the frustration at O2's service Eakie. Even some who have their handsets already are frustrated at the poor communications and lack of service others are receiving.

It's more the way people go about it that I think people struggle with. Name calling and petty insults are not really going to assist the situation or get a handset to you any quicker, so it's not only pointless it's also unnecessary and unpleasant, particularly when aimed at those trying to help you on the community.

No i totally agree with you TDS.

@Bambino, you were the one who started it, questioning TraceyG's Judgement and timescale of the cancelling there order. Hense why you have deleted your orignal post in this thread.

I think its wrong to wind someone up and then try and get everyone on board to make them feel worse than they already do, especially as they have come to the forum for help!

Message 26 of 32

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Moved to 'Discussions and Feedback' slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 27 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't find the quote button sorry, my main concern is that it is a paid member of staff who on several occasions within that chat had said stock was available, that annoys me no end. If a forum member had said it, then I wouldn't be upset as their local shop may have it available,
Message 28 of 32

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24019 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3774 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think *anyone* fails to understand the frustration at O2's service Eakie. Even some who have their handsets already are frustrated at the poor communications and lack of service others are receiving.

It's more the way people go about it that I think people struggle with. Name calling and petty insults are not really going to assist the situation or get a handset to you any quicker, so it's not only pointless it's also unnecessary and unpleasant, particularly when aimed at those trying to help you on the community.

No i totally agree with you TDS.

@Bambino, you were the one who started it, questioning TraceyG's Judgement and timescale of the cancelling there order. Hense why you have deleted your orignal post in this thread.

I think its wrong to wind someone up and then try and get everyone on board to make them feel worse than they already do, especially as they have come to the forum for help!

I deleted the post and posted a retraction. What else would you have me do? Tracy G had used a derogatory phrase about the advisor, which, in my opinion, was uncalled for. As I've already said, this is about a mobile phone not being in stock in a particular store. Why is there a need for such vitriol?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 29 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tracey G, When writing a reply the "Quote" button can be found on the top right of the text box.

Untitled.png

Just for future reference slight_smile

Message 30 of 32