cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with the port in form?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in the process of assisting my Mum to move to O2 PAYG.

I asked her to get the PAC, I activated a new SIM by topping up £10 and then filled in the form on the site on Wednesday night about 18.15 from a PC running Windows 10 with latest version of Firefox.

The system indicated the form was submitted but she didn't receive an acknowledgement text to confirm the move.

I am aware that if it goes in after 17.30 the move is usually done on the second working day.

I swapped the SIM last night in preparation for the move today.

I am on holiday this week so thought it was a good time to get it sorted for her.

Switched the phone off and back on a few times today, rang her number from my mobile and it was still going to the old voicemail, dialling out from it displays the temporary number so I'm glad it's not a split port (had one of those myself before and it took weeks to sort out)

Nothing had happened by 6 p.m. so as per guidance on the site I contacted CS by webchat, gave them all the details and they told me they couldn't find the port request.

The person was helpful and took all the details again and told me the port should go through on Tuesday (though am thinking as s/he are not in the UK they probably don't know about the Bank Hol so it's probably Wednesday)

This is not a whinge, just a heads up that there could be others that have had issues with the form

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27695 Solutions
The text should be received to the number being retained immediately confirming the request.
We always advise a chase up call to CS if this is not received.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Job done now I hope.

slight_smile

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27695 Solutions
It will be if your mother has received the confirmation text.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will have to flip the sims again tomorrow to see.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like my suspicions were correct.

No port today (presumably due to Bank Hol) told it would be tomorrow.

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27695 Solutions
Did you get the text?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

speuk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I had exactly the same experience with online form not working last week. I've also had the same problem with unlock request form in the past. By the time I followed up and provided details via online chat on Thursday afternoon the number didn't port until Tuesday despite being before 5.30 cut off on Thursday. This gave me further problems as sim was now abroad in Rome so lost the signal on Tuesday afternoon.
Message 8 of 8