cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Text 28484 genuine O2 or a scam

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had a text message from O2 " Hi, it's O2, we'd like to ask you a few questions about your experience of O2's network quality in your area. All texts are free."

Then had a second text from "28484" asking How satisfied are you with our network quality (coverage, reliability, speed) in your area? On a scale of 5 (Very Satisfied) to 1 (Very Dissatisfied)"

I attempted to reply to the text but was warned the text might incur charges. How can I be sure this is not a SCAM?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys/@Anonymous 

I can confirm that 28484 is a legitimate number used by O2. Any questions please let me know. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 17

Kitty_Cat
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Could I please ask if 28585 is also a genuine O2 number?

I'm getting messages from them regarding why I contacted O2 recently. These messages are seperate & out of the main thread that is clearly marked as O2.

They mention the same name as the person I spoke to but still a little cautious.

Message 12 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It's the same number that I was texted on to give chat feedback recently.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 17

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Kitty_Cat
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
That's great, thank you.
I'd been having trouble with my ohone and getting a lot of spam messages & calls so thought it best to check.
Thanks again to you both 🙂
Message 15 of 17

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
No worries slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 17

Flaco
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes, totally agree with you. I went through precisely the process you described, thought the same thing and did a Google search on '28484 O2' and it returned your thread as the top page/link. And thank you for taking the time to do that, btw. It's too easy to set up scams on this kind of basis and O2 should be acting with a bit more savvy, imo. They're not the only company doing it, granted, but it's making some people feel like they want to opt out of SMS communications on their accounts. Which feels daft. Bambino's advice is sound.
Message 17 of 17