cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance Claim for a smashed screen

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted to share my recent experience having put in an insurance claim for my smashed iPhone screen. 

Having tried to look up other peoples experiences dealing with the insurance side of things I discovered that there wasn't a lot out there to tell people what kind of experience they have had when putting in a claim. 

Last Sunday I had an accident with my phone which resulted in a smashed screen. Having just got the new iPhone 7 Plus in black you can imagine I wasn't very happy! I called o2 customer service straight away and advised why I was callling. The lady on the other end of the phone was very empathetic asking me how I felt etc. She took some details and advised me that the insurance team was closed as it was a sunday afternoon but that she would have them call me first thing tomorrow morning. 

By the following lunch time I hadn't heard anything and was impatient to get my phone fixed so I called o2 again. 

This time I was transfered to the claims team who took the full story and advised me they would send a courier to collect my phone the following day. 

Tuesday came and as promised a courier came to collect my phone. o2 had sent me an email in the meantime with confirmed details of my insurance claim and advised when the courier would be there. They advised me to turn off Find my iPhone and back it up and reset it. Which I did. 

The email also stated that the courier would bring a jiffy bag and correct packaging. This was not the case. I would advise anyone in that situation to pack their phone themselves to be on the safe side. 

This was on the Tuesday. On the Wednesday evening I received a text message and an email stating that my claim had been accepted and they would be sending me a replacement that would be with me the following day. 

I had received my replacement phone by Thursday having sent it to them on Tuesday. I was quite impressed! 

The only down side I found with the service was having to call twice (but that might have been my impatience) and the fact that when I asked how long I would be without a phone they told me for a maximum of 7 days and that I should just put my sim in an old phone. I enquired as to what if I don't have a spare iPhone (as the plus takes a nano sim  card) and they advised me for £25 they would send me a temporary one. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Not too bad overall then. Glad you got sorted out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I'm interested was it a brand new phone they sent out? Read some stories about poor refurbs.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it seems to be, came in the usual plastic wrap and the usual out of the box battery percentage and there is not a single mark on it and no performance issues at all. The only thing missing was the accessories you usually get, charger etc which I would expect them to replace anyway
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you have an additional charge added for the courier on your bill?

Message 5 of 7

lucy71
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Most dissapointing customers received from the second party involved .The  group seems have alot of positve feedback but i am not convinced seems like its fake.

I sent my device away and received no communcation that find my iphone was not switched off correctly.

I called them and was assured  that if i complete it the wednesday that i would recive it on thursday , was also told that it was with DPD in the warehouse.The bank hoilday arrived and things have been delayed . Called back on tuesday , and was told then told they are out of stock , a complete joke and unprofessional.

customer servive seems to like The Inbetweeners nobody knows what is correct.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Hi @lucy71 this is a community of customers so to chase your claim you need to contact customer services and / or mke a complaint.

All details on this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7