cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT Definitions / Tech General

Anonymous
Not applicable

How would U define the following:- (a) iPod ..... (b) iPad ..... (c) MP3 player ..... (d) tablet ..... (e) notebook ..... (f) dongle ..... thank you from WispaRed7.

Message 1 of 169
168 REPLIES 168

Cleoriff
  • 123021 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

IF you are in any doubt about the charger Jane then you should be getting a new one. Trial and error is never a good thing with chargers particularly if you are waiting to see if 'it overheats'  Now this is my personal opinion of course. That being so I make no apologies for saying it. I am only too aware of the dangers.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 81 of 169

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144506 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions
USB is universal serial bus which is just a standard for connecting devices together.
I'd get someone else to check which charger is the 1.5amp and use that for the 640.
Both will work but the lower rated charger will take longer to charge phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 82 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

ty Cleo' & MI5 for the above info 

Is there a faster charger I could use MI5, or would it be that a faster charger is more likely to 'heat up' , if you could pass this question onto your colleague who you speak about above  ^  ^  ^  plese, I'd be grateful

Message 83 of 169

MI5
  • 144506 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions
The phone limits the charge rate so as far as the 640 is concerned 1.5amps will give the fastest charge. Even a 2 amp charger won't give benefits as the phone is limited to 1.5
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 84 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

ty for explaining that to me MI5

Message 85 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby

Would you make it so that this thread, with me as op, reads IT Definitions / Tech General from the beginning of the thread please ... ... ... because then when its listed on the board it makes more sense ... ... ... MI5 changed it from from the time I asked, but it would be more correct as I see it done as that 

My sense of a 'laughingly' career in admin (backroom girl, clerk / typist ...receptionist / telephonist) coming to the fore here

Wispa' Cat

Message 86 of 169

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Done slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 87 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

ty @TobyThanks!

Message 88 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

Windows 10

Is it a good time to upgrade now ?

I've unserstood about not getting W10 before the bugs have been ironed out

but I can get it foc on my laptop ... ... ... before I have to pay for it 

Any advice would be most grateful

Or point me to an already existing thread ty

Message 89 of 169

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It's Ok to upgrade if the option to roll back is still there. 

I say that because it takes a lot of getting used to and certain programmes work in different ways.

I don't have a laptop with me at the moment but I'm sure someone will know whether roll back is still an option.

If so then try it, you won't lose any files though you may find them in different places.

Message 90 of 169