cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT Definitions / Tech General

Anonymous
Not applicable

How would U define the following:- (a) iPod ..... (b) iPad ..... (c) MP3 player ..... (d) tablet ..... (e) notebook ..... (f) dongle ..... thank you from WispaRed7.

Message 1 of 169
168 REPLIES 168

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I can't get copy and paste to work with images on the forum via mobile @jonsie..I'm sure I'll learn eventually lol x

giphy-3
Message 161 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

Nicely done @gmarkj

There's so much info in this thread now! Great idea for a thread @Anonymous. I'm sure you never thought it grow this big haha.

We'll have to look at collating all the helpful posts at some stage. slight_smile

Hello @Toby ... Could I have a go at collating the helpful posts please? I'm the op & imho with my 'office background' ... well I think I could do an acceptable job ... I have made traditional pen & paper notes as this thread has gone along ... I'd like to make myself useful to the community ... I've noticed this thread has had fairish views along the way ... I want to keep 'the funnies' for myself, in my 'personal file' ... the stuff about Windows 10 can be deleted as it has now got its own thread elsewhere ... I'm making this post now in reply to your post above as I have reached the point in the timeline of this thread when you posted it ... if that makes sense to you wink I've been familiarising myself with this thread again, have a few more pages to browse

Here's hoping you will let me have a go

Peace Above All ... ... ... Do What You Makes You Happy ... Bouncy

Cat

Message 162 of 169

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Go for it @Anonymous. Have a go if you like slight_smile

Send me a PM any time if you need help.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 163 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

Go for it @Anonymous. Have a go if you like slight_smile

Send me a PM any time if you need help.

thank you @Toby ... it'll be a bit of a challenge for me ... but if you don't mind wink 'Bracing Yourself Lad' LOL regarding me pm'ing you for help, then yes, I'd really like to have a go

WispaRed7 Cat

Message 164 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

atm @Toby I'm thinking Thinking 

in no particular order

1: abbreviations ... ... ... in alphabetical order

2.funnies ... ... ... to be transferred to my personal O2 Community 'files'

3.tech general ... ... ... to be arranged in some sort of manner

4: posts to be deleted ... ... ... useless info / posts superceeded elsewhere on the forum  

5: this thread to be kept 'live' somehow ... so that I can continue to keep it in order / utd as an office clerk would do, I'd like to do that ... ... ...  other people to contribute to the thread would be nice 

As someone who briefly crossed my timeline over 20 years ago said to me: 

No-one listens to the man who doesn't speak

fyi I'm 'old school' so I use the word 'man' in the sense that eg chairman / not 'chair' of a meeting, to me a chair is something that has 4 legs & you sit on it ... if pushed, I could do madam chairman ... & ... chairperson doesn't do it for me either :smileywink:... ... ... Simplification slight_smile

Message 165 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tech General

Just had a bit of a laugh

TV adverts are saying replace your double glazing without taking your old frames out ... well ... 2 points = 1st isn't it that some old white UPVC frames go 'grey' ... & ... 2nd some of us don't have double glazing anyhow ... some of us would like it eg it would stop the condensation caused by boiling pans & the central heating LOL

If this post is more relevant to the O2 Home page(s) ... I'm sure someone will let me know ... or ... do something about it 

Cat

Message 166 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

atm @Toby I'm thinking Thinking 

in no particular order

1: abbreviations ... ... ... in alphabetical order

2.funnies ... ... ... to be transferred to my personal O2 Community 'files'

3.tech general ... ... ... to be arranged in some sort of manner

4: posts to be deleted ... ... ... useless info / posts superceeded elsewhere on the forum  

5: this thread to be kept 'live' somehow ... so that I can continue to keep it in order / utd as an office clerk would do, I'd like to do that ... ... ...  other people to contribute to the thread would be nice 

As someone who briefly crossed my timeline over 20 years ago said to me: 

No-one listens to the man who doesn't speak

fyi I'm 'old school' so I use the word 'man' in the sense that eg chairman / not 'chair' of a meeting, to me a chair is something that has 4 legs & you sit on it ... if pushed, I could do madam chairman ... & ... chairperson doesn't do it for me either :smileywink:... ... ... Simplification slight_smile

Sorry, just lost a load of text ... Crazy ... I had a pm conversation with @Toby some time ago because I find that whilst the spirit is willing the body is weak regarding the above  ^  ^  ^

Toby has assured me there are no plans to delete this big thread

May I suggest you use Wikipedia & / or Google Is Your Friend ... credit: @sheepdog & @Bambino

Message 167 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

re: Tech General

WispaRed7 calling @viridis slight_smile

I seem to remember some time ago, maybe at the beginning of this year, you had decided to try to see if you could manage without using actual cash ... would you mind please pointing me in the direction of your thread ?

If I've posted in the wrong place I'm sure someone will let me know 

Message 168 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tech General

I keep loosing loadsa text ... it's Smiley Frustrated ... & blinking cursor is 'jumping about the screen' sometimes loosing me script Crazy

Help any help will be appreciated

Cat

Message 169 of 169