cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMEI barred when phone lost. Now its been found O2 cannot reinstate my network on my phones handset

FLW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I hope someone can help. I called O2 on 08/01/22 as I had lost my phone and requested that the phone and IMEI be blocked to prevent fraudulent activity incase it was stolen. (I actually had to contact O2 3 times before the block was successfully placed on the handset) . The phone was then found and just after lunch on 08/01/22 I called O2 to request the blocks were lifted on both the IMEI for the handset and sim. I was advised this could take up to 24 hours to reactivate. On 09/01/22 I called O2 again as was still unable to make or receive calls. I was told the IMEI lift had not been requested. They apologised and again told me to wait 24 hours. A further 24 hours passed and yesterday I contacted O2 again....once again I was told that the IMEI had not been lifted from the back end. They apologised and advised they would give me a £10 good will gesture into my account for the inconvenience and send me a text once this was activated (I still can't receive texts so needless to say I haven't received anything!) They again stated that my phone would be in full working order within 24hrs. Fast forward 24 hours again and you guessed it.... My phone still does not work. They have today advised they can send a new sim (NB they have already sent a new sim following my initial request on 8th January and this arrived today but as I have explained to them several times now, my original sim is working perfectly fine as I have tried it in another handset and the sim block is definitely lifted as on other handsets the O2 network functions perfectly, it is the block on the IMEI phone handset device itself that is the problem and I cannot use my phone for the network provision I am paying for. I can connect to WhatsApp etc and all WiFi apps when in the house but I cannot make or receive calls through O2 network and cannot use my phone at all when I am away from home. When I have checked websites they all state whichever carrier placed the barrier on the device, only that same carrier can remove it so I am stuck with a phone that I cannot use away from home. Its been 4 days now and I am feeling my only option is to buy a new handset as none of the CS agents appear to be able to fix this issue for me. Has anyone experienced a similar issue or can anyone offer any advice on how I can get the IMEI barrier lifted as O2 are stating there are no restrictions showing on my account yet I am here with a phone that no longer works. 

Message 1 of 129
128 REPLIES 128

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123019 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@O2Lisa?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 129

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @Cleoriff.

I'll message you privately @Katieshambles and get this sorted for you😊

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 129

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123019 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Thanks @O2Lisa 👍

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 129

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

You're welcome @Cleoriff 😊

Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 129

spookykelz
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Lisa i have the exact same problem as the others, this has been ongoing for me since the 8th of december to no avail, i have spoken to numerous 02 agents and have tried allsorts of troubleshooting and nothing has worked, yet i am still paying my monthly bill each month, could you help me with this aswell please? 

Message 15 of 129

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning @spookykelz, I'm so sorry to hear this, I'll message you privately and we'll look in to this for you. 

Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 129

Rosina
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Lisa, I am having the exact same

problem, I have sent you a private message could you please get back to me at all your soonest convenience 

Message 17 of 129

Rosina
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Message 18 of 129

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Hi @Rosina, sorry for the delay, I've just messaged you back 😊

Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 129

K8xax
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Lisa 

I also have the same problem as everyone on this thread. So frustrating! 

Please please please could you sort it for me too I am at my wits end with trying to get it fixed 😭

Thank you 

Message 20 of 129