Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affordable Mobiles/ Mobile phones direct/ o2

Rosmum
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve ordered an upgrade for my phone through affordable mobiles which has been taken over by AO and therefore fulfilled through Mobile Phones Direct (who AO also own). My order has been processing for days so contacted and someone from Mobile Phones Direct called me and said there are delays due to a system update on o2’s side and that o2 has not provided an update on how long this delay will be. They have given me the option to cancel my order. Does anyone know anything about this? I’m happy to wait a few more days or a week but not indefinitely and it’s difficult to know what call to make with no estimate time line. Cancelling would mean leaving o2 as I could get a new contract on another network provider but I wouldn’t go directly through o2 as the contract term in a year longer for £10 more a month and less data. Seems a shame to have to leave o2 due to this delay as I’ve been a customer for over 15 years, but also ready for a new phone ans don’t want to be paying very high prices/waiting indefinitely for it *sigh*

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6632 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1492 Solutions

This has come up here

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Mobile-Direct-new-contract-prohlems/m-p/1695669#M271288

How long to fix? Let's say O2's systems are in a complete mess at the moment.

I would not expect a fix in the short time, but perhaps O2 will prove us wrong

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 2