cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anybody else ever received a 'refurbished' phone from O2 that has arrived damaged?

CE1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I ordered a refurbished S22 a few months ago, and it arrived loose in a sealed courier bag basically battered. Can anybody shine a light on if it's normal for a refurbished phone to arrive without a box / padding or has been in this position before.

I have returned it, but I'm interested if this is a common occurrence or I've just experienced a glitch in the matrix. The fact the courier bag was sealed suggests it isn't the courier, but I'm only clutching at straws.

I'd like to add I'm still waiting for a new phone and am being charged for the handset despite it being with them.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10197 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@CE1 

I have had phones from Manufacturers as test devices literally arrive in a bag just wrapped in bubble wrap, but most arrive in a basic box and bubble wrap. 

Had no experience of o2 refurb devices, but thinks its a one off, as it does happen.

Best this thing to do is chase o2.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144426 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@CE1 

I've had a few refurbs over the years and have been packaged in a plain box.

Never had any trouble with any of them.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

CE1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am adding to this so that the community can see, however I expect this will be deleted as they will not want this seen but I am now furious - I don't expect a resolution from them anymore,  I expect them to delete this but this isn't going away - this post sounds bad, but trust me, the details which will come out in public when they ignore me / delete this post or think this is going away are going to really make them wish they'd just treat me fairly. I was a happy customer for probably over a decade!

I have many problems in life (it's embarrassing to post publicly but I am classed as a vulnerable person).

I have STILL received no phone. I have contacted O2 many times, each time having to explain the situation.

I have wasted HOURS of my time on phone calls. They promise to call me back in a week or so and never do. I filled in a complaint on Resolver which they never responded to. It has now been so long that I am entitled to send it to the ombudsman which I have done.

To add to this - I had to go out and buy a new phone to be contacted because I cannot be without a phone for health and business reasons. This was stolen recently and I asked them to send me a new sim card - this never arrived - so I ended up just going and getting a pay as you go sim from another provider as I am not spending any more time calling them up.

I have been a customer with them for so long, and feel like they have really taken the **** with me. I have been paying the bill each month even though I had no phone! I have now stopped paying the bill, and fully expect that they will chase me for it but I have no choice anymore - it's unfair.

I am literally in a contract for a phone I do not have, being forced to pay for it, I was told it would take a couple of days. It has now been probably six months.

I'd like to clarify how bad this company has treat me and what has occurred because of this :

Lost my only few business customers because I missed calls and looked unreliable

Unable to know about my BEST friends death for days because I had no number - which is the reason I wasn't chasing this so much - I was devastated and it didn't seem important at he time.

Worried my family as I have several mental health issues (and they thought the worst)

Worsened my health - I have cried, shouted and lost the plot twice because of this.

If anybody from O2 reads this - I hope you realise how disgusting this is and I have waited for a long time before making any of this public. This isn't going away anymore and I'm determined to make you realise you can't do this to people with serious mental health issues in one way or another. The distress you have caused as a massive company over a mobile phone is seriously disgusting.

I expect serious compensation and your company to learn the consequences of your actions if you expect me to stay as a customer anymore because I've gone from being a happy customer to furious and I am now at the point where the phone is insignificant - your corporate ignorance towards customers could seriously break people with mental health issues and it cannot continue - I hope that I can prevent that happening as it will make it all worth it.

Message 4 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Disgraceful treatment from O2 quite frankly

Your post won't be deleted

I'll tag @Dave-O2  who is the community manager to see if he can pass this on to O2 head office

Message 5 of 10

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 649 Posts
  • 40 Topics
  • 16 Solutions

Thanks for making me aware of this one @jonsie 

@CE1 I'm sorry to hear about your recent experiences, your post won't be deleted, so we can get you the help you need, I will be dropping you a PM shortly, to grab some more details. 

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 6 of 10

CE1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just thought I'd post an update to let the community know that I still haven't had a single response of where my phone is. I even asked for a new SIM card and that wasn't sent to me. I know Dave is trying his hardest to help but I think all he's getting is the same fob off as I have had for several months - we'll be in touch once we know something! In the meantime I'm being chased for payment for a contract for a phone I don't have and line rental on a SIM they haven't sent me. Watch this space!

Message 7 of 10

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5746 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@CE1 

I hope that this sorts itself out quickly - good luck ! 

Message 8 of 10

CE1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thankyou, but it's not happening.. they have fobbed me off keep telling me I'll hear something back since April. I didnt want to hear from them I wanted the phone. And now I imagine I'll end up with bad credit as I refuse to pay for a contract when they haven't sent me the SIM. Look here is the complaints - nobody ever got back to me they just close them.

Message 9 of 10

CE1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Screenshot_20231001-210544~2.png

Message 10 of 10