Complaint raised against new bill

NM1002
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Subject: Urgent Complaint: Unauthorized Charges on My O2 Bill

Dear O2 Customer Service Team,

I am writing to express my deep disappointment and frustration regarding the recent experience I've had with O2 services. I converted my Lyca network SIM to O2 after being enticed by one of your customer service agents who offered me a new plan with unlimited calls to India at no extra cost. However, my last month's bill has left me in a state of shock and disbelief as it includes exorbitant charges for calls made to India, amounting to over £500.

I initially raised this issue with O2 by filing a formal complaint on 16/09/2023. At the time, I was assured that my concern would be thoroughly investigated, and I would receive a response within 5 working days. Regrettably, I have not received any communication or acknowledgment of my complaint to date.

It is disheartening to note that despite my efforts to address this matter with O2, no steps have been taken to resolve the issue or even provide an update on the status of my complaint. I feel as though my complaint is being disregarded, and there is a clear lack of accountability on O2's part.

I would like to reiterate that I converted to O2 based on the promises made by your customer service agent regarding the unlimited calls to India. To be charged such a substantial amount for these calls is not only unfair but also misleading and deceptive.

I kindly request an immediate and thorough investigation into this matter, and I expect a prompt resolution. I also insist on receiving a response to my initial complaint, as per the commitment made by O2's customer service team.

I value my relationship with O2 and hope that this issue can be resolved amicably and swiftly. However, if my concerns continue to be ignored, I may have no choice but to escalate this matter further, which I sincerely hope to avoid.

Please treat this complaint with the urgency it deserves, and I eagerly await your prompt response.

Sincerely,

Nevin Mathew

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35955 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

@NM1002 - this is a customer forum, O2 won't see your complaint here. The ways to complain are here: https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Your best bet is to contact O2 directly, via 202 from your O2 phone or via Social Media at the link just below. Good luck!

Message 2 of 9

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

When you say you were enticed by a customer service agent was this after you rang O2 or did someone phone you?

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122953 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@NM1002 

To add to @pgn's advice above:

I would also suggest you contact Payment Management.

Details here Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

To pay bills, ask for payment extensions or query bills etc, you need to contact the Payment Management Team.

You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm

Sunday – 9am to 6pm

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

Best time to call is around 8.00am.

Not sure who would tell you that calls to India are free as they certainly are not.

You can buy an International Calls bolt on which reduces the cost of calls

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/the-international-bolt-on 

Int bolt India.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5684 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@NM1002 

If your really were "....enticed by one of your customer service agents..." into taking out a plan that was not properly described to you or suitable for your needs, then there are actions that you can take. But you need to be sure of your grounds here, bearing in mind that O2 will probably have a recording of the 'phone conversation. Also, were Terms and Conditions sent to you and did you read them before signing up ? 

If you are absolutely certain of your position, I would suggest that you consider 'phoning your local council's trading standards team and see if you can interest them in your case. You'll soon get the feeling for whether or not they are likely to pursue this

There's nothing lost in contacting trading standards and it might just sort out your problem.

Message 5 of 9

Grassor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having exactly the same problem had a charge added to my account which I didn't ask for contacted O2 by phone but couldn't understand a word the operator said so sent a complaint via email on 22/09/23 had no response sent another email on 29/09/23 still no response.

Thankfully my contract is coming to an end in November and currently, I won't be renewing with O2 who clearly don't give a hoot about their customers!!

Message 6 of 9

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

@Grassor When you are ready

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 9

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5684 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Grassor 

You will not necessarily be better off elsewhere as customer service from UK mobile network operators is mediocre. You have experienced O2, whilst Vodaphone are currently relocating customer services to Egypt and Three are in the middle of a very messy customer migration exercise between computer systems. 

Hence, unless you decide not to bother with a mobile 'phone, you might just be swapping one poor customer services' experience for another. 

As far as your unanswered complaints are concerned, you could think about using "Resolver". Please see the bottom of this page :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

Message 8 of 9

Grassor
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your advice, much appreciated.

Message 9 of 9