Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service.

CourtneyMul970
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I’m wondering if anyone can help me. My phone started to say that I had no SIM card. So I ordered a replacement one as this one is damaged. I haven’t received my new SIM card yet. However 24 hours after ordering a replacement my phone has now been switched to “no service” I cannot ring O2 because of this. I was on the live chat and they told me the reason my phone is saying no service is because my account has been terminated? Can anyone tell me why this is? I have always paid my monthly bill. So I’m not quite sure why after me ordering a replacement SIM it says no service and my account is now terminated? Any help is appreciated thank you! 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@CourtneyMul970 

Your old sim is switched off when a new one is ordered, which will arrive activated.

I can only assume live chat person was confused.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10194 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@CourtneyMul970 

O2's stupid system of cutting off sim cards when a replacement is ordered, I understand the rationale is to prevent fraud, but is idiotic,, 

You will need to call o2 tomorrow on 0800 902 0217 from Skype ( Guide: A Guide to Skype  ) or another phone as Live chat talk poop a lot of the time..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 6

CourtneyMul970
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you!! 

Message 4 of 6

CourtneyMul970
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much x

Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

You're welcome @CourtneyMul970 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6