cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye 02...12 years and all you offer me a £1 loyalty discount...

Anonymous
Not applicable

After 12 years with 02 and my contract ending  shortly,yesterday I rang 02 for this deal Tesco offer :

1000 minutes/5000 text/1 gig of data £10 per month 18 month contract Tesco/02

02 wanted £16.50 per month for same tarif and when I asked about the loyalty bonus after 12 years with 02, was offerd £1 discount per month!!!!!

So £5.50 per month extra if stay with 02.......

So now going with Tesco mobile with still use 02 as the network provider and saving £99 over the 18 month contract. Does not make sense why 02 would not want to keep a long and loyal customer as myself whom bills vary depending on the job im working from £20-£100 per month when bolt ons or extra minutes are used.

Goodbye 02..well sort of  Confused

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122369 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Morning @Anonymous

Sadly loyalty counts for nothing nowadays (as you have found out for yourself). You have to go with the deal that suits you and gives you the best coverage etc. 

As you say you will still sort of be with O2 ...so the best of luck to you wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 32

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Good morning,

As the above states, rarely these days does loyalty count for anything. Especially when trying to get a discount.

Two things though, firstly, you could try calling again as you might get a more sympathetic cs agent. I'd definitely give it another shot!

Secondly, if u do decide to leave us (really hope u find a way to stay though) please leave any direct debits up and running until the bill is £0. This has caught lots of ppl out, and it's a big hassle for usually a few piddly quid!

Like I said, hope u hang around with us.

Charlie.
Message 3 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

would have rather stayed with 02 as means changing my number over etc but at a cost of nearly £100 does not make sense at all as still in theory, 02!!

How can Tesco do such great deals but 02 cant? Every single deal Tesco do is cheaper or double the minutes and data for same price, heres a example taken today from both sites :

02       : 250 mins/1000 text/500mb   £10 per month

Tesco : 1000 mins/5000 text/500mb £10 per month

So which would most peaple choose.........same network provider........Crazy

Message 4 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your lucky enough to even get a discount these days, you have to go with what's best for you in the long term
Message 5 of 32

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous what do you mean by change your number over? You can keep your current number. Just ask O2 for your PAC and give it to Tesco.

Edit: By the way, I switched to Tesco over a year ago. Halved what I was paying O2. 

You might also want to look at deals from Three, which O2 will become soon anyway.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There are lots of reasons why Tesco can offer cheaper deals, even though they use the same network, but they are also 50% owned by O2 so at the end of the day it is O2 that is still getting the money off you each month.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousI am really sorry for you... I'm in a similar situation. Having just convinced my other half that o2 is a really good company she's just found out that she is paying 3x more than she did to GiffGaff...

Even though they GiffGaff are not the best, I'm getting slammed £67 per month and that is me limiting myself as much as possible but then it also depending on working patterns...

I can't even remember how many years I've been with o2 but its been at least 8 years on contract and even longer when you calculate pay as you go...

Having recently used their chat application the people were so rude it was unreal and they assumed that i wanted a £1 refund for sending MMS messages that i'm certain that i did not send. Having been given b/s excuses such as "smiley faces are MMS messages" I made the choice that i will leave o2 as soon as my financial situation becomes better and I can escape these aholes.

Their airtime plans are the biggest con going. Be more dog? Chase your tail and sniff their sh^t?

They are more concerned with their advertising campaigns than they are their customers who have been paying them a lot of money over the years. I don't even want to talk to them any more because I know that the person I would be speaking too doesnt deserve it and cant change it.

Message 8 of 32

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

O2 own giffgaff, you're always free to chase the best deals elsewhere, a little reseach can save you money.

What you were told about MMS is quite true and has been much discussed on here.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

would have rather stayed with 02 as means changing my number over etc but at a cost of nearly £100 does not make sense at all as still in theory, 02!!

How can Tesco do such great deals but 02 cant? Every single deal Tesco do is cheaper or double the minutes and data for same price, heres a example taken today from both sites :

02       : 250 mins/1000 text/500mb   £10 per month

Tesco : 1000 mins/5000 text/500mb £10 per month

So which would most peaple choose.........same network provider........Crazy

I would imagine that because Tesco don't have the network infrastructure to maintain, improve and expand and simply use someone elses their prices can reflect that.

Message 10 of 32