cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Customer Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if it's just me, but there seems to be almost a mountain of posts/threads about bad customer service from O2?  ...I'd like to break the mould and post some recent GOOD customer service I've received.

It's not a short post - so pop the kettle on and bear in mind that I do not (nor ever have) worked for O2 or anyone linked with them. Popcorn

Following the recent iOS 7.1 update, my iPhone 5 decided to do the opposite of what the fixes were for in relation to the random rebooting.  (i.e. not had an issue in 18 months until installing the new update, then rebooting once every few minutes - even during texting and phone calls).  Frustrating enough for anyone, but even more so for me as my wife and I use our phones to text as our main point of communication most days due to her disabilities and cognitive issues, (she has Severe ME among other things) - so it's even more important that I have a fully functioning phone 24/7  365.

I'd already done the usual troubleshooting measures before ringing Customer Service (so the hard reset, a restore through iTunes to reset to a new phone, and a recovery restore for a total wipe, and yet still having the same random reboot issues - even with only the stock software on my recently restored handset.  ...Anyway, explained my issues and I was initially greeted with "Apple only have a 1yr warranty" (I took our contracts out in Sept 2012), "will need to be sent away for a chargeable repair, or you'll need to take it to an Apple store" - until I explained that I couldn't get to our local (30 miles away) Apple store due to no transport nor could I leave my wife as I am her primary carer. And I wasn't prepared to pay for a "repair" that was out of my control due to software.

To cut a long story short, after I explained the Sale of Good Act (1979) and the EC Directive 199, Customer Service agreed to send me a free refurb iPhone 5 (to the same spec as mine) - on a exchange on delivery basis - by courier, and credit my account with £20 to cover a cheap handset and a £10 top-up new SIM so I can stay in communication with my wife. This resolution does not interfere with our upgrades in August (even though we will be moving to Android handsets then  :smileyhappy:).

Even though the team processing the replacement order made a mistake which I was unaware of until after 5pm yesterday which meant it couldn't be sorted for delivery today (they arranged to send the refurb to my old address rather than my new one - which means the new handset I won't get until tomorrow) - they were completely up front and apologetic for the mistake and for the initial advisors being unable to offer final resolution (being an ex-Customer Service Manager I can appreciate that advisors can not always resolve queries in the first instance as the "slack" they are given is not always sufficent).

It's the same with any company who provide any sort of product or service to anyone. There are always teams or individuals who can (and will) help - it's just locating them and speaking to every member of staff along the way in a way you'd like to be spoken to yourself.  Let's face it, it's not their direct fault you may be having issues...

So to balance out the negative threads and posts, here's a positive one to balance out the karma.  Handshake

Let's hope it all goes without a glitch tomorrow, as I recovery restore my existing handset ready for the exchange.

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Excellent news. Well done.
Message 41 of 47

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi dazlin01,

Sorry for the late reply, but I'm really glad this has all been resolved for you and thank you very much for updating us throughout the journey. Its been insightful as well as satisfying to hear that its all sorted slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 42 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another update guys! (and sorry I've been away so long!)

Started experiencing issues again with the new refurb, and the other handset too, bit of "too-ing and fro-ing" between CS and the O2 store - but CS offered to waive the fast-track upgrade fee on both accounts for me! 

Now I have 2 shiny new Galaxy Note 3's winging their way to me tomorrow - and I'm signed up for another 2 years to O2, so I won't be permantly disappearing from the forums! 

Thank you O2!  (and obs you guys for putting up with my rants and compliments lol)

Message 43 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the update dazlin01

At least hopefully you can now return to enjoying the hardware and network.

wink
Message 44 of 47

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Great to hear dazlin01.

Let us know what you think of the Note 3 once you've had a play. A few other members have tested it out and seemed to like it slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 45 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Argh the Note 3...... One can dream of the end of one's contract and then. ......

You will love it. Great piece of kit
Message 46 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do Toby, I'll try and attach my POV to the relevant Note 3 thread too.

It was a close call between the S5 and the Note 3 for the upgrade since the S5 was released, and even up to the point of sale it was almost a coin toss to decide.

I'm sure I've made the right decision for my needs, and the amazing reviews on the forum helped - so thanks guys!!! 

Message 47 of 47