Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excellent O2 Customer Service

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123019 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

I just wanted to offer some praise to the CS staff who normally get so much criticism.

I am in Spain. My sim only contract ends this month and O2 have some damn good deals on all the sim only contracts. I didnt want to do it online... so I rang at 9.15am UK time.

The phone was answered in 2 minutes by a lovely lass called Tracy in the Rotherham call centre.

I explained what I wanted.... she brought up my details and within another 2 minutes I had a new sim only contract. I am paying £2.00 a month less than before.

Tracy was kind, efficient and reassuring. We even had a banter about the weather in Yorkshire.. compared to my 18c here in Spain.

To round it all off nicely I have received the confirmation texts from O2... within a minute of disconnecting the call

If @Toby could feed this back I would be grateful. Pretty great response times from O2.. considering I am in Spain wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

lovely to hear some good news regarding cs ... ... ... thank you for sharing this slight_smile

Message 2 of 12

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Fantastic service. And great to hear you had minimal problems even from Spain.
Message 3 of 12

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
So did they just pin the offered tariff onto your current number then. Like a sim only upgrade kinda thing?
Message 4 of 12

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 5 of 12

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

I shall pass this on @Cleoriff slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123019 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
So did they just pin the offered tariff onto your current number then. Like a sim only upgrade kinda thing?

This was why I chose to ring them as opposed to doing it online @viridis. The option I was given via MyO2 was to 'upgrade'. Now as I understand it, I wasn't upgrading as such.. I was taking out a new Sim Only 12 month contract as my old one was due to expire.  (If I wanted to be pedantic about it I was actually 'downgrading' to a cheaper tariff). Tracy (CS) agreed that the online wording was ambiguous and anyway it was far quicker to do it via CS.

I will get a new sim through the post which I can just ignore as I already have a 4G sim. My phone and sim remain the same....my new contract has started.. £2.00 a month cheaper than my old one Text to confirm. All good.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123019 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Finally I have just checked MyO2. My new contract/tariff is now active and showing. Lucky me....Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Did you get the 4G deal? Mine is up for renewal February 1st so will be calling them....

Message 9 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123019 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Did you get the 4G deal? Mine is up for renewal February 1st so will be calling them....

I did @jonsie and if honest I could have got away with the 2G tariff. I am 3G now and never exceed it. However, 4G was there for the taking and cheaper than my current one so hey...I went for it...Happy Dance

The offers are only on till 3rd February...but I expect you have seen that?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 12