Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim

Lando
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Is there any timescale on bringing in e sim to o2 as I'm thinking.of ditching o2 for EE as i really wanna samsung watch 4g but o2 rep won't say anything don't know should i wait as esim maybe like 1 month away or just move as they are like 6 months away what you think
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Lando O2 ditched the esim some time ago so I doubt it'll be anytime soon.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Lando , we’re excited for eSIM too, and can’t wait for our customers to use it! As and when any devices go live with eSIM technology on our network, we’ll let everyone know. slight_smile

Welcome to the forum!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 17

Lando
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i dont think you read my question 

Message 4 of 17

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Lando I understand you were asking for a specific timeframe, but the information above is all we know on eSIM at the moment. As I mentioned, as and when any devices go live with eSIM technology on our network, we’ll let you and everyone else know.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 17

BH2019
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can you provide any update on O2's provision of esim technology? I can see you now provide an Apple Watch contract which uses esim - plus I have just been told that business customers can use esim with O2. I can't believe that if it is now functionality you now provide on your network there would be any reason to provide it to some users and not all?

Message 6 of 17

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@BH2019 

O2's business billing platform does not support eSim technology and there are no plans in the foreseeable future to change that.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 17

BH2019
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 Thanks for that. In contacting O2 customer support, I've just been told that if I change my plan from a personal tariff to a business tariff, I can then switch to an eSim with my existing iPhone?

Message 8 of 17

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
eSim is available on personal tariffs mate - Customer service have that wrong.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 17

BH2019
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 Are you talking about for use with an Apple Watch - or iPhone? My query was in relation to iPhone. I've just called O2 again and been told unequivocally again that it isn't possible to use eSim as a personal customer, but if I create a business account then I would be able to use eSim.

Message 10 of 17