cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you have any major issues that o2 need to sort out poost them here.

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Reading this community there are many issues o2 need to address, post them here with links to the original thread and lets hope that after flagging this thread to the community manager Leonard action will be taken.

Open Note To Leonard/Abs.

There have been many threads with issues that needed direct o2 support / Customerservice answers or urgent procedural action. These threads get a response that either you Leonard or abs has taken the issue higher but we see no action.

The regular users (deminshing can only offer help when it is not an o2 issue) need this level of support.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 1 of 89
88 REPLIES 88

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm now getting sick of reading (and writing) all the negative posts about this forum.
It's about time the forum admin accepted the strength of feeling about the changes and put things back as they was.

This forum is called a community after all, so lets listen to what the community is saying. Or is the community label just corporate marketing speak.

Message 71 of 89

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Thanks Jonsie and Perksie

Yes I did see the Ask Sales Director post, but only when it was closed. I think i was away at the time. So I never got to put over my problems and questions. slight_frown

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 72 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable
What has happened to these so called incentives & promotions & other stuff that was announced months ago. Was that all hot air to make everyone stay & post more
Message 73 of 89

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

This is the one time I wish I could have created a poll to guage the true feelings of the community.

But I think it is obvious from all the replies that the current format is not working for the community.

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 74 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow guys, a lot of replies again.

Like with everything in life, it's very hard to please everyone. A good example is Darren wanting the super user role because it identifies the experts and Adam wanting a removal of the ranks all together. That's why I think it's great that we're having this discussion. We can look at different points of view and decide what would be best for the community as a whole.

The thread has great suggestions again and I think we can implement some of those.

Before going into that, let me first share some statistics from the move to Lithium (beginning of April) until now. The forum changes happened in the last week of June.

I wanted to share these stats in two weeks, after the review was due, but seeing we're having the discussion now, perhaps this will explain a couple of things:

1. Response times

30-08-2012-12-57-26-1465.png

Next to a clear improvement in response times, the amount of unanswered threads in help related forum sections went down from 27% between April 1st and June 25th to 11% between the 1st of July and now. For August, this sits at 13%.

Although not all threads are members seeking help, this clearly shows the average user experience for new users has improved a lot since we merged boards.

2. Time spent on the forum by staff
30-08-2012-12-53-34-3f8b.png

This shows the amount of time we've spent on the forum as O2 staff. It shows you that the business is recognising the value of the community and investing more into it.

3. Amount of posts/thread in Pay Monthly vs posts/thread overall

30-08-2012-12-53-34-3f8b.png

This shows you the development of the average amount of posts per thread and compares Pay Monthly/ Pay & Go to the overall trend.

Conclusion
I know stats don't tell the full story, but I hope these numbers do show you something.

My conclusion is that the overall member experience has improved since we merged the boards. Nevertheless, I'm absolutely fine with looking at different options when it comes to forum structures. The basis for deciding what to change should always be the overall member experience though.

In the last few replies, there were some suggestions I'd like to go into as well:

1. Merging O2 Wallet
Personally, I would love to merge it with other products as well. Unfortunately, that's not possible because it's deeplinked from several places.

2. Incentives and promotions
We've done our first promotion last week and because that was quite successful, we'll try and get more of those. We're also looking into several ways of spotlighting the most helpful members in the community.

3. Tickbox for PAYM/PAYG
I'll look into the possibilities for this. Great suggestion.

4. Better support on the forum
I've tried to previously answer this here. However, we can't always see everything and it would be great if we could get your help for flagging this as well. Using the "Report Inappropriate Content" whenever something needs our attention is usually the fastest way of doing it. It directly sends an email to both Toby and myself and makes sure it's on our radar straight away.

5. Getting Ronan on the forum
Some of you have seen him already, so that's great. I was quite happy with that as well. Let's hope he'll have time to visit us more often. Perhaps we can help facilitate that.

6. Making improvements to other parts of the business
This is not my domain, but every month I summarise feedback from the forum and make recommendations and suggestions to the appropriate stakeholders. That's why it's so important to keep getting your feedback.

7. Website content fixes
I can't speak for other parts of the business, but what I can do is forward specific feedback to specific departments and chase that. So if you spot anything that should get fixed, just let me know and I'm happy to make sure it gets changed.

8. Internal sharing of information
I've also tried to answer that here today. Again, it's hard for me to comment on other parts of the business, but I will make recommendations on for that specific problem.

9. Superusers
I really liked Darrens explanation of the importance of superusers; users PM'ing you because they know you're the expert. Perhaps we can include the 3 most helpful members per board in the FAQ threads Toby is making. Would that be a solution?

I really hope the above answers a lot of questions. If it doesn't, please feel free to PM me or make a post in the thread. In summary, your feedback is really important. Not only for the forum, but also for other parts of the business. We can't implement everything, but we'll definitely consider any constructive suggestions.

Cheers,
Leonard

Message 75 of 89

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

That is it then chaps time for us to vote with our feet the feelings have been very clear from the old superusers.

I feel this is a sad time the requests to seperate the boards do not seam to be getting through fully.

The stats are pointless.

The stated removal of names by me was to start a discussion.

Also Kudos / solutions are pointless if the op never rates the sucessfull answer. I note in a very old thread today lots of kudos kiven to posters?????

Apple Watch series 4

Message 76 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable

Leonard said :

"I know stats don't tell the full story, but I hope these numbers do show you something.

My conclusion is that the overall member experience has improved since we merged the boards"

1. I don't see the numbers, I just see lines. I can't say that they are graphs because the Y axis has been removed (or not used). Therefore I can't arrive at any conclusions.

2. Can you explain exactly how you came to your conclusion ? Perhaps you had the benefit of precise numeric data rather than the doctored graph data that you presented to us.

Message 77 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with O2MACH2, without some numbers in the Y axis the graphs are meaningless.
What does "response time" mean anyway?

"Next to a clear improvement in response times, the amount of unanswered threads in help related forum sections went down from 27% between April 1st and June 25th to 11% between the 1st of July and now. For August, this sits at 13%."

The reduction in the number of unanswered threads is meaningless, it's whether the answered ones had a successful outcome that's important.
Answering with a question or saying phone support, IMO are not a successful answer.

"2. Time spent on the forum by staff"

Surely it's the number of posts by staff you should be measuring.

What does "post per thread overall" mean? Is it total posts regardless of thread?

"I really liked Darrens explanation of the importance of superusers;"

Good

"Perhaps we can include the 3 most helpful members per board in the FAQ threads Toby is making. Would that be a solution?"

Bad -- very bad. Again you're trying to make things competitive.

Message 78 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable

that promotion last week sounded like the winners had already been chosen before it was open

Message 79 of 89

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

that promotion last week sounded like the winners had already been chosen before it was open

which one?

Apple Watch series 4

Message 80 of 89