cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you have any major issues that o2 need to sort out poost them here.

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Reading this community there are many issues o2 need to address, post them here with links to the original thread and lets hope that after flagging this thread to the community manager Leonard action will be taken.

Open Note To Leonard/Abs.

There have been many threads with issues that needed direct o2 support / Customerservice answers or urgent procedural action. These threads get a response that either you Leonard or abs has taken the issue higher but we see no action.

The regular users (deminshing can only offer help when it is not an o2 issue) need this level of support.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 1 of 89
88 REPLIES 88

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Do you know I was wondering that my self, that a fair few names have gone.

mmm Progress, is that out with the old (no pun meant) and in with the new?

I just want to know what is really going on with all the changes at o2?

I hate to say this and hope i never would, but this is the start of what happened to another mobile brand that i was with a fair few years before o2.

They were renowened for customer care (no one could match them), chaging the way we use our mobiles, first to scrap PAYG charges, but also then introduced those pesky animals lol.

There was a great Team on here, but what puzzles me more is that o2 dont want to seem to invest in putting 1 or 2 of their own customer service team on here to help with customer queries.

I always read the vodafone forums and even though they have very simular issues some times. There is always some one from vodafone to help with customers and they get positive feedback too.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 41 of 89

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That is one thing we have been lobbying for and hoping it's being looked at now.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 42 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's one thing I've been lobbying for too.
But I'm now starting to have second thoughts, I'm concerned
that they'll just mess up again and make things even worse.

Message 43 of 89

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93267 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

They seem quite happy for us to bounce ideas around but as of this moment I am having difficulty thinking of any that have been implemented. Someone care to jog my memory?

Message 44 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable
Liken it to a local council's "consultation period".....residents submit the pros and cons and the council take no notice of them whatsoever and plough on regardless because the outcome has already been decided.
Message 45 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the posts and thoughts. It's great to see that we're all passionate about making the forum a more exciting place for everyone. In the end, that's what it's all about, I guess; the forum being a great place for anyone to visit.

Reading through your posts, the main points seem to be:

1. Better support on the forum

2. Merge of Pay & Go and Pay Monthly

3. Reintroducing superuser roles

I'll try to address those points as best as I can.

1. Better support on the forum

We now have two full-time employees exclusively focussing on the forum. Both Toby and I are highly committed to providing better support and feeding your suggestions back into the business.

Toby is back on Monday and once he is, we'll set up something to provide faster support around serious issues, as wanty mentioned in her post. In specific individual cases we'll make sure we have someone who sees the process through to completion. For cases where more individuals are impacted, we'll make sure we deal with it on the forum and provide regular updates. We still need to think about that buffer/verification we spoke about, but that should tackle the points mentioned above.

I'm aware that I've mentioned it a couple of times before, but there was very little activity in the Pay & Go section. As a result, people would hesitate to ask questions and when they would, it would take a very long time for them to get a response. Since they already went through a long registration process, it meant they would have quite a bad forum experience.

Because having a separate board for Pay & Go would have too much of a negative impact on those customers, we could perhaps think about ways to help clarify if someone is on Pay & Go or Pay Monthly. We could also think about merging Pay & Go into another section of the forum, if you think that makes more sense. I’d love to hear your thoughts on that

3. Reintroducing superuser roles

You are the beating heart of the community and are therefore very important to the experience of new users joining the community. Your tone sets the example and decides how members interact with each other. Furthermore, you’re some of the most knowledgeable people in the community. I definitely agree we need become better at voicing and underlining that. Following your feedback, we’ll be working on a couple of things to highlight that more prominently in the next few weeks.

That doesn’t bring back the superuser role though.

The changes to the calculation behind the ranking system were intended to objectively rank people based on how helpful the community feels members are. Because post count is hardly reflected in these calculations, it shows new users the value of the advice that they’re given. Nevertheless, I would really love to understand what it is that you miss from the superuser role. Perhaps we can find ways in which we can bring certain parts of that back.

Thanks in advance,

Leonard

Message 46 of 89

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm aware that I've mentioned it a couple of times before, but there was very little activity in the Pay & Go section. As a result, people would hesitate to ask questions and when they would, it would take a very long time for them to get a response. Since they already went through a long registration process, it meant they would have quite a bad forum experience.

I and many others will disagree with this and the other thread mergers

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 47 of 89

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

With regard to the Superuser accounts, they provided a way that this type of discussion could take place in relative privacy, as I don't think open discussion of board issues creates a good impression.

If everyone who wants to be able to join in the Superuser discussions was able to after say a post count of 300, enough to show they're a serious contributor here I feel it would be useful and something to aim for.

Without the Superuser section these discussions still take place, but by PM or email or people say nothing.

Just my take on it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 48 of 89

jonsie
  • 93267 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I and many others will disagree with this and the other thread mergers

Have to agree with Adam on this one. I have lost count of the number of times we can't post an answer until asking which platform the OP is on.

Message 49 of 89

jonsie
  • 93267 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

With regard to the Superuser accounts, they provided a way that this type of discussion could take place in relative privacy, as I don't think open discussion of board issues creates a good impression.

If everyone who wants to be able to join in the Superuser discussions was able to after say a post count of 300, enough to show they're a serious contributor here I feel it would be useful and something to aim for.

Without the Superuser section these discussions still take place, but by PM or email or people say nothing.

Just my take on it.

Have you noticed Leonard how many threads now contain the banter and joviality once confined to the Superuser discussions? Sometimes the original query is lost within the banter and is probably difficult for new members to trawl through or even comprehend.

Message 50 of 89