cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgustingly poor customer service by O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 originally overcharged my account by a few hundred pounds due to their error with overseas charges. About 6 weeks ago they apologised, identified the error and  said it would be rectified "within 48 hours". I have since contacted them at least 12 times since (including from abroad) as kept receiving messages that they will cut the phones (two on the account) - I explained every time I need them for work - every time they reassured me that the messages were automated and that to disregard them, and to wait until my Bill was revised to pay the amount I should be paying - I have this in writing also. Guess what - despite my last call on Thursday when I was told the same yet again and received their "assurances" yet again after I received yet another text to say my phones are to be cut off, and that somebody would call me directly within 24 hours (THEY NEVER DO) - my phones have been diverted - I have already lost business today.

Disgusting.  Incompetant. And extremely damaging.

How do I claim for my time spent trying to sort this out, let alone the potential business losses and shear stress of having to deal with a company that simply (at best) don't know what they are doing or (at worst) repeatedly LIE to you.?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Really sorry to hear that the service hasn’t been good.  

But I would suggest making a formal complaint to o2 or email the CEO him self

Weblink on how to make a complaint. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

if your then not satisfied with their response you can take it to the ombudsman. But only if you don’t agree with o2. 

Regarding getting money back back for time spent etc,  mmm that may be more difficult.  But speak to o2 first

good luck and let us know how you get on

@Anonymous Welcome to the o2 customer forum as well

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 2 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

To be honest as you have got nowhere with customer service the next most obvious thing to do is make a written complaint by email. As for lost business and stress I would think that would be a legal matter.

First thing you want from O2 is your bill recredited if it hasn't already been done and for that I would be calling them every day wanting to speak with a manager. 

Hopefully by making a complaint O2 will make a decent goodwill gesture. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

How appalling is this fiasco? angry_devil

Another example of 'the right arm not knowing what the left arm is doing'...

You should also email the CEO...we can't give his details but freely available via google @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Sorry to hear about your experience @Anonymous! I'll drop you a private message to discuss this further. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Thanks @Martin-O2 this is going to need some input from yourselves...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

No problem @Cleoriff. We'll get this sorted for @Anonymous!

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7