cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discounts

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been with O2 since before the change from "Cellnet", and yet I get nothing back for my loyalty. NHS staff get a discount. I retired from the NHS 18 months ago, and yet I am not entitled to a discount. I am a Service Veteran, and Service Veterans get nothing from O2. Not very good, is it?

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
O2 most certainly do support the armed forces (and NHS) with discounts.
Have you checked with CS to see if you are eligible for either?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 10 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
Do you know of any other networks that would give you a discount at all?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

i was with voda for near on 12 years and when I left them to join o2 they didnt even try and convince me to stay... if you want discount ask for it, its your entitlement to ask.. but as you no longer work for the NHS be prepared for them to say no... 

Message 3 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 provide a fair deal policy for both new and existing customers.

Links of possible interest.

http://news.o2.co.uk/?press-release=o2-makes-fair-deal-pledge-to-customers

http://www.telefonicarewards.com/perks-and-deals/
Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
In my time with Vodafone when I asked for a discount (either at contract renewal or when out of contract) I got it. Same with a friend of mine who was on a sim only contract at £20pm. Wanted to cancel, offered half price, politely declined then got it for £5 per month.

Retentions have the best offer but be prepared to leave if you don't get what you want.

Also with Vodafone when contacting their sales teams as a new customer discounts are usually available. I got £10 a month off for two contracts which were £31 initially with free decent handsets just for asking.

With T Mobile I got 10% off for having two contracts at sign up.

You have to ask and be prepared to walk away and try again. Different agents offer different deals.
Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
As piperdog says keep trying different agents don't just accept what the first one says they can and do still give loyalty discounts it's really down to who you speak to
Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Obviously this is an o2 run board so don't want them reading this and closing any loopholes to deals but i think its widely known already

o2 Priority gives 30% off line rental for students/NHS and many corporate employees.

This also applies to friends and family. It's just an SMS code if i remember correctly.

A

Message 7 of 20

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
What you refer to is O2 Open http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/o2-open-terms-and-conditions
and Friends and Family http://www.telefonicarewards.com/perks-and-deals/
All widely known about, as you say.
Message 8 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is my main bone of contention. O2 seem to have no interest in those on a pension, that have worked in organisations like the NHS or have served their Country. There is an organisation, called the Defence Discount Service, which has many large corporations and many smaller compainies, signed up, to give good discounts to service personnel  and service veterans. Why do corporations like O2 not support our Armed Forces and Veterans.

Message 9 of 20

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
O2 most certainly do support the armed forces (and NHS) with discounts.
Have you checked with CS to see if you are eligible for either?
Message 10 of 20