cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell Streak 2.2 Froyo Update on O2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Please advise when the Android 2.2 (aka Froyo) release will be available for 02 customers
Thanks in anticapation
Message 1 of 164
163 REPLIES 163

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the latest update from O2, 2.1 update 1, and frankly it's worse than the original 1.6.
I have absolutely no sympathy for O2, aided and abetted by Dell they have destroyed the market for what could have been a massive seller.
It was released without adequate support, it wasn't advertised, O2's support desk didn't know what a streak was. They restricted sales by not having sufficent stocks and then withdrew it from stores. Worst of all it was released at roughly the same time and therefore in competition with a massively over hyped Apple product. Apple's deal with O2 was more lucrative than the deal with Dell so there was no real impetus for O2 to push it.
Dell screwed up with the ridiculous exclusivity deal with O2. This pushed loyal Dell customers into bed with a telecoms company that has problems communicating. Wouldn't usually go anywhere near a company with that sort of rep. If Dell were responsible for the 2.1 update I sincerley hope that it wasn't only the head of mobile computing that got the push.
We all want the 2.2 update because, as long as between them Dell and O2 haven't wrecked it, it will release the streak from the straightjacket that was 1.6 and the abortion that was 2.1. The streak running 2.2 is a revelation it is faster, produces smoother video AND will allow the streak to use Adobe flash. We already know Dell have messed it about, the stage UI is an appaling piece of design that the creator of should be truely ashamed.
I'm looking forward to the 15th (assuming it actually appears then)because I can then decide whether it is worth sticking with the official route or I'm going to provide DJ_Steve with another customer.
In these days of austerity it is important that company's remember where their income comes from and protect it by looking after their customers. There are lots of alternatives so to take your customers for granted is a dangerous path.
Message 51 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
"I have the latest update from O2, 2.1 update 1, and frankly it's worse than the original 1.6."
In what way?
Message 52 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
front camera not working.
Volume controls wrong way round.
Definitely slower
There's 3 the full list is longer.
Message 53 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
Will any of this be fixed if the update comes out in the next few days? Or will people still randomly complain?
Message 54 of 164

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
twitter says 2.2 will come this week on o2
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 55 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
Will any of this be fixed if the update comes out in the next few days? Or will people still randomly complain?

Got to love this, heaven forbid that people suffering with poor service in anyway show the least bit of discontent, and if at anytime we do get invaded please dont be so petty as too complain about the tank parked in your drive.......
Message 56 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't be so stupid, O2Blue. That isn't what I said at all.
Message 57 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please explain "randomly complain" as to me that sounds like people are complaining for the sake of it and without valid grounds? Maybe if you expressed what you meant in a clearer fashion those of us without your huge intellect may have the oppertunity to understand your vast wisdom.
Message 58 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys... great news.. this is a post from o2 to tweeter. FINALLY!!!!!!!!!
Link: http://twitter.com/#!/O2/status/14374173119881216
Message 59 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys... great news.. this is a post from o2 to tweeter. FINALLY!!!!!!!!!
Link: http://twitter.com/#!/O2/status/14374173119881216

Yup. Should be available by the end of tomorrow.
:smileyvery-happy:
Message 60 of 164