cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Application?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey there.

I have been on O2 for a few years now, I am on pay as you go and I own a HTC Dream - you may know it by its branded name, the T-Mobile G1 (also known by people as "The Google Phone").

As you (should) know, this phone runs on the Android system, and recently, many more handsets are popping up on O2 - the latest Android handset as an example is the Dell Streak.

Orange have released an application called "Your Orange". Orange are obviously trying to branch out to the Android users on Orange by taking steps away and finding out information on the provider easier - so why aren't O2?

To find out your remaining BoltOns or Add-ons, you have to send the word "Balance" to "20202". At current, I am creating an application called "O2 Checker". Exclusively for O2 - at least in the meantime - this will shorten those steps so all you do is open the app, click "Update" and you will get the silly pop-up exclaiming you have so much credit on your phone.

Inside the application, there will be a box underneath the Update button which will tell you how many texts, minutes, MB of data etc is left. Basically, it shows the last text you received after texting 20202.

I don't mind creating the application but I am still baffled as to why O2 haven't done it themselves? It's the least they could do, especially if they're distributing Android handsets to their customers in their contracts.

~ Dean Craig, 17, Newcastle - Android application developer
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its easier just to create a shortcut or bookmark to wap.o2.co.uk/myo2
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could do that, but what if you don't have a data plan because it expired? The text is free so this would surely be a lot easier for the user.

Edit: That's silly, it would be blank. Silly me.

I suppose you could change your tariff to texts and calls only for a month to save money or something? Also, I use APNdroid to turn my internet off to conserve data and battery usage. I'd have to turn that on first etc before I could visit the site. Also, what if I only had a 2G connection, it would take long to load etc.

IMO, it's so much easier to send a FREE text to O2 and them tell me my stats.
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Memorizations, its free to look at wap.o2.co.uk/myo2 .
It even works with no credit.
Message 4 of 4