cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Itunes account hacked ???

Anonymous
Not applicable
Last night I tried to install a free app to my ip4, before the download i was asked to verify my details and re-enter the last 3 digits on the back of my card used for Itunes as my computer had been logged in on another computer and needed to be verified ??? I only ever log onto 1 computer, mine at home !

Me being a bit suspicious declined the verification and proceeded to update some other apps but was presented with the same request. I then logged into itunes on my desktop, changed my password then made the verification and all apps were downloading again on my ip4 fine as usual.

I awoke this morning to find a suspicious transaction of £1.58 taken from my bank account used for itunes although it dosent state from itunes yet as it can take a couple of days to show up online ???

Now with all this media about itunes being hacked lately and some people loosing hundreds of dollars in bogus app purchases im a bit worried.

Is this small ammount the start of somthing bigger to come out of my account later or is this a check made by Apple as I verified my bank card that will be refunded later ?

Anyone else had somthing similar ?

Is this legit or have I been done over ???

Gary B ;o)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Contact them directly.
Contact your bank straightaway.
Remove your card details from itunes now.

Ive never had this issue when downloading app's or games to my ipod touch. {fingers crossed}.

Some hacker may have been able to hack your pc so they can actually read what your typing into the keyboard, hence changing your password is futile until you clear your pc.

Happened once to me with ebay and paypal. Little urchins tried to take £1,500.00 from my bank account thro my paypal account. Thankfully my bank locked down my accounts and I had to go thro resetting everything and clear my pc.
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Contact them directly.
Contact your bank straightaway.
Remove your card details from itunes now.

Cant do 2 of the above until later due to work and banks not opening until 09:30 but I have since removed my card details from Itunes ...
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
how the he'll are you supposed to get hold of apple iTunes department to ask if they made the transaction ... I phoned apple and they said this can't be done over the phone but has to be done via email ?

Email who ???

I'm going round in circles trying to find someone to contact !!! driving me nuts !
Message 4 of 11

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
In itunes you can see what was purchased and when so you should be able to find the app they downloaded.

http://www.apple.com/uk/support/itunes/#app_store select the itunes store account and billing tab then billing enquiries that gives you an email us icon that launches a web form to fill in hope that helps
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Last night I tried to install a free app to my ip4, before the download i was asked to verify my details and re-enter the last 3 digits on the back of my card used for Itunes as my computer had been logged in on another computer and needed to be verified ??? I only ever log onto 1 computer, mine at home !
Me being a bit suspicious declined the verification and proceeded to update some other apps but was presented with the same request. I then logged into itunes on my desktop, changed my password then made the verification and all apps were downloading again on my ip4 fine as usual.
I awoke this morning to find a suspicious transaction of £1.58 taken from my bank account used for itunes although it dosent state from itunes yet as it can take a couple of days to show up online ???
Now with all this media about itunes being hacked lately and some people loosing hundreds of dollars in bogus app purchases im a bit worried.
Is this small ammount the start of somthing bigger to come out of my account later or is this a check made by Apple as I verified my bank card that will be refunded later ?
Gary B ;o)

I had this twice, both on my iPhone 4s, and the reason is that having done a restore to a new phone, for security, it checks to make sure YOU are the correct person entitled to buy stuff from iTunes etc... If you think about, anyone can restore back to any iPhone, and take that person's identity.

I did this when I got my new iPhone 4, and again when I had it swapped at an Apple Store at the weekend.
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok I will check this out later during work break ... but would iTunes take £1.58 from my account for verification ? I've been using this ip4 since 28th June ??? why now ?
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok I will check this out later during work break ... but would iTunes take £1.58 from my account for verification ? I've been using this ip4 since 28th June ??? why now ?

That I have never had. So this bit is a mystery and as you said, a little suspicious.
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

That I have never had. So this bit is a mystery and as you said, a little suspicious.

i had that before it will go straight back on ur bank account or not go out at all im pretty sure, i had this when i put a new card on
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Gary B ;o)

I have this pop up every now and again, nothing I've ever worried about. I wouldn't get too worried just because of what you read in the papers.

If you go onto itunes on your computer, click on store and then your apple id at the top left you can sign into your account and browse through what you've bought, this should give you an idea what the charge is for. They do take a few days to appear on your bank account.
Message 10 of 11