cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCREAM Dell Streak

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone actually had a good experience with a Dell Streak.
I would be very interested if there are any users of the Dell Streak who have had a good experience with it.
I am an IT professional (CISCO networking, Telecommunications, Servers etc). I have worked in IT for 10 plus years and would like to think of myself as being technically competent but:-
I am currently a very disappointed user as my Dell Streak is under repair with O2 as for some very strange reason the ear piece has stopped working. I have been promised by O2 that this repair should only take about 2 weeks but I must say it is the final insult after a lot of problems which are:-
01. Released with an old OS, Android 1.6
02. Random Screen Freezes
03. Email accounts that do not update
04. Small keyboard, lots of typing errors
05. Unable to view Flash content
06. OTA update to Android 2.1 left me having to reinstall apps
07. Android 2.1 not finished, lots of problems
08. Had to remove the battery numerous times
09. Unable to end telephone conversations
10. Screen had to be recalibrated 5 times
11. Volume controls swapped after upgrade to 2.1
12. Back cover plate and battery very hard to remove
13. My girlfriend has an Apple Iphone and guess what she has not had one problem.
And I spent £400 at O2 for the pleasure.
Please respond with your views and experiences.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Have you tried reporting to Dell about the problems?
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
No have not spoken to Dell
I have decided that if the Streak is fixable I will wait until the expected Android 2.2 (Froyo) upgrade towards the end of the year, this will be delivered from Dell themselves so I hope it will address these problems.
Thank you.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had my Dell Streak for about 4 weeks. I really liked it until I did the update, then I had all the usual problems. Pointless reporting them to Dell, they just say take it up with o2. I have had various discussions by phone and email with both Dell and o2 but they both give the same answer that there is nothing they can do. Dell did say that they will not do a fix for the 2.1 update and owners will have to wait for 2.2 in December. My Streak is now pretty much useless so o2 have finally agreed to take it back and change my contract to a simplicity tarrif. Goodbye Streak. I will miss some parts of you but at least my old Sony xperia mini works.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply.
I do really like the Steak, the hardware is very good. I really hate the idea of going to an IPAD or Iphone 4. The Steak is unique there is nothing quite like it, but I think you are right it just may have to go back.
I am now waiting for O2 to finish their repair but as I have been let down twice already with other equipment I wont hold my breath.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
The HTC Desire HD is out next month so may be worth a look. Also the Motorola Droid X is looking quite nice. Will probably mean a move from o2 but that may not be such a bad thing after all this fiasco.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
What can one say, it was lovely with onions too.
Will check the other devices, thank you.
Message 7 of 7