cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPD - the worst delivery service in the UK

Anonymous
Not applicable

Every time I have ever arranged a pick up of my phone with O2, they have used this service - DPD.  Every single time I have had to wait for hours, or after hours of waiting to be told 'that they tried to deliver'.  This is LIES.  I have been at home, with my buzzer working, with full view of my front door, waiting.  They are just a seriously bad company to work with, and i don't know why O2 works with them.  There are other services out there that do what they promise, not DPD, not ever in my experience have they 'delivered'.  It is actually enough for me to not want to be with O2 anymore.  Ive been a customer for years and this is just one more reason to not use this service - that and i have the worst reception at my work.  What is with you?  Once this contract is up I am moving to another operator, i've had enough.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous This is not o2 you are talking to here. We are all customers like you. You can complain via this link & use resolver to get quicker results 

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 2 of 13

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, welcome to the community and thanks for your feedback!

We are not CS as @Anonymous said but we will send all your feedback to O2 as we always do.

So please, if you have any idea about how to improve, besides changing the delivery service, please let us know so we will add it into our report Thanks!

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 3 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
DPD are actually one of the best in my experience.
I'm bemused as to why you would stay with o2 though if there is so much wrong with all aspects of the service?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 13

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I have to agree with @MI5 on both points.

DPD have collected and delivered to me with no problems. I like that they text you with a time - between 14:00 and 15:00 - for example.

Like @MI5 I don't understand why you stay with O2 if you are so unhappy with them. I am with O2 because I am happy with the service they provide to me. If I wasn't I'd move. Although I have friends with other mobile operators who raise the same complaints I see on this forum.

So, clearly no mobile company is perfect.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 5 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
You can only speak as you find and personally I've never had a problem with DPD over the years. If I felt like you though I would return the phone and buy elsewhere when it finally arrives. Another reason I always advise buying instore too.
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've always found DPD to be extremely reliable when they've delivered my parcels 

Message 7 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

DPD are excellent in my honest opinion. I get an email with an hours delivery time. Last one was 10.36-11.36am... I am even given the drivers name and I have been able to track the actual delivery van online to see how far away they are. Maybe it's region specific if there are issues?. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 13

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
The last time I bought in-store was 30th November 2012 - the Samsung Galaxy S3. In December 2014 I ordered the Galaxy Note 4 over the phone with no hitches - it arrived the next day.

I pre-ordered my current phone - the Galaxy S8+ - end March 2017 and received it the morning of 20th April. The first date the pre-ordered phones were due for delivery. Again, no problems.

It depends on how lucky you are with the CS advisor you speak to when ordering and, clearly, I was very lucky twice.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff My last DPD delivery I even got a photo showing me where my parcel was in my safe place

Message 10 of 13