Currently 1 login for 2 numbers - need to split into 2 separate logins

jimthing0
Level 8: Talented
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Issue: 

- 2 O2 numbers. 

Both numbers are currently on sim-only rolling contracts. 

- 1 MyO2 login for both. 

All the 'My Details' are obviously completely mashed-up currently, so the 'ac name' shows Name1, while 'DOB' is Name2's, etc! 

- Trying to split logins, but cannot find a way to do this. 

O2 don't care we are 2 separate individuals, in 2 separate families, and should have a legal right to privacy from knowing each others private billing/call info under GDPR regs! 

--------------- 

I have seen the below thread & answer, but that was from TWO YEARS ago, so surely O2 have fixed the GDPR compliance by now so we don't have to spend hours manually doing this ourselves.... or is this unbelievably still correct as the only way to do this? 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Trying-to-move-a-number-on-my-account-to-a-separate-accoun...

If so, what is the best way to go about doing this? 

(be as exact as possible, as I'm sure O2 will manage to screw it up otherwise!) 

Note: I complained to email address complaintrevueservice@o2.com about this, but after another FOUR WEEKS waiting(!), I've received absolutely no response. Needlessly abysmal service, as usual. 

They're so-called "Customer Complaints Code" lists the above email address, says they'll "send you an acknowledgement", and 28-days timeframe for response. None of this happened. 🙄

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10293 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3025 Solutions

@jimthing0 

You cant at the moment split the accounts at the moment, as there is a pause of these types of account functions due to the Platform migration and the Virgin migrations to the o2 platform. 

Also when you both signed up did you do it under one master number to start with and added them into one account?

Also there is no o2 support on here anymore, so all we can do is tell you to speak to o2.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 16

jimthing0
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Each number signed-up separately YEARS ago, then at some stage years later the logins were joined into one (I can't remember when). But I want my number and information separated now for privacy reasons, which means separate logins – which I don't think is an unreasonable request in the age of GDPR regulations. 

I've spoken to O2 CS agents on phone, who either say no to splitting them, then when told that breaks my right to privacy from the other person, muck you around by putting you back into the call queue or other dead-end routes  (like all o2 and VM staff now: they are utterly useless!).  

Hence seemingly the 'new contract' idea in the thread above that I was asking for advice about doing correctly and efficiently? 

Message 3 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@jimthing0 wrote:

Note: I complained to email address complaintrevueservice@o2.com about this, but after another FOUR WEEKS waiting(!), I've received absolutely no response, quelle surprise! Abysmal service, as usual. 

That's the incorrect email address

It should be : complaintreviewservice@o2.com 

Also within the complaint information page, scroll down to Resolver and use that option to complain.

It's much quicker and gets better results

Message 4 of 16

jimthing0
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

That might be why no response. Doh! 😐 

As you suggest, I'll try Resolver, then report back on the response here for others to see if O2 can be bothered enough about the privacy issues concerned and fix my issue (or even respond at all with a non-stock response). 

Thanks, for the moment. 

Message 5 of 16

jimthing0
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Just to add here, that I cannot believe O2 have not realised they need to have a protocol in place to deal with this issue, given the many people who are going to have a reason to split logins (even if they don't offer such joint logins anymore!). 

A most obvious example for one, is any number of couples who long ago had their logins joined for convenience, then later split-up, and obviously don't want details about their number to be accessed by the other person anymore, for very obvious data protection/privacy reasons. 

How hard can it be for O2 not to realise such simple human life events as this and others occur daily to people... the mind boggles at the ineptitude of O2 management in properly dealing with such basics. 

Message 6 of 16

Breanna
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Just jumping in to add that it looks like advice in the thread you linked still holds true @jimthing0

Message 7 of 16

jimthing0
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Breanna wrote:

Just jumping in to add that it looks like advice in the thread you linked still holds true @jimthing0

Sorry, but are you saying it looks like (i.e. might be) true, or that it definitely is true? Your comment is ambiguous, please clarify? 

I haven't received a response yet to my formal Resolver complaint. 

Message 8 of 16

jimthing0
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

For the record in this thread, here is the post from @bigdavie88 from that 2020 thread: 

Your accounts cannot be separated by customer service as it cannot be done.

The only way to do it is to wait til one of them is due for renewal then place an order for a new contract but do not link it to your existing account. This will then have its own username password. Once that contract is up and running you then call o2 to migrate the number to the new contract which in turn will cancel the old contract.

After this process you will have 2 separate accounts, with 2 different logins.

If this is still the case, can I do the simpler route of asking the CS agent for a new contract for one of the mobile#'s, making sure they create & setup a new login for it? 

Or worse, does this mean instead that I have to do all of this myself: 

1. Sign-up a completely new customer account, getting random new mobile#. 

2. Wait for the account to be active. 

3. Then manually port one of the current mobile#'s onto the new account? 

If so, how do I deal with getting the number ported: from one O2 pay monthly ac to another O2 pay monthly account, and then the first ac being closed afterwards? 

This is beyond convoluted for such a simple login separation problem, but I want to be clear that I do it correctly, so I'm not left with a screwup due to O2's 'IT systems'. 🙄

Message 9 of 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12153 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

@jimthing0 wrote:

Or worse, does this mean instead that I have to do all of this myself: 

1. Sign-up a completely new customer account, getting random new mobile#. 

2. Wait for the account to be active. 

3. Then manually port one of the current mobile#'s onto the new account? 

Normally this - sign up for new deal (sim only or phone and sim), then move number across.

@jimthing0 wrote:

If so, how do I deal with getting the number ported: from one O2 pay monthly ac to another O2 pay monthly account, and then the first ac being closed afterwards? 

Follow the migration route - once the new sim is working, contact customer services and ask them to move the number you want to keep onto the new sim.

Normally we see this with children that now want to keep a number they got while under their parent's name.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 16