Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 can't transfer numbers between o2 and VM

Stayawayfrom02
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Im going through a very frustrating scenario with o2, just want to make good people aware of the atrocious service o2 provides.

In the last 2 weeks ive had to call o2 7 times, hours ive wasted on calls. Im trying to move my existing number from one pay monthly o2 sim (i want to cancel this sim but keep number) into another monthly sim that was originally a virgin media sim but theyve merged with o2 now so its an o2 sim... or so i assumed since i have a myo2 account for the supposed VM sim.

Apparently they first had to migrate the VM sim to o2 first before requesting the number to be migrated, so this was requested first.

I was then assured the sim was migrated from VM to o2 after the 2nd call. I was subsequently reassured in the 3rd, 4th and 5th call that the VM sim was migrated to o2 and that there is a technical issue with the number change request and will take a little longer than usual. However, after 2 weeks of no result i called a 6th time today, this time the advisor told me my VM sim hadnt been migrated to o2 even though i was assured it was multiple times and i would need to call VM.

Called VM who eventually transferred me to o2 migration team after i explained the issue.... couldnt make this up!

Now the 7th call to o2 and guess what, im told my VM sim has indeed migrated to o2, so the advisor on the 6th call just fobbed me off by telling me otherwise.

Turns out all the previous advisors were wrong and its not even possible to transfer numbers between o2 and VM currently - according to the 7th call advisor, which doesnt make sense as the sim is migrated to o2 so should have nothing to do with VM... but rather than telling me this in the first phone call 2 weeks ago like they should have - i was instead given false promises that the number will definitely be changed, absolute joke.

Can Someone in o2 please make this make sense. Clearly a technical problem resulting from the merger and shouldnt have to be chased up by a customer.

So now im looking to get a Smarty monthly sim and will attempt to transfer my number into that then be done with o2 forever. Absolutely disgraceful, disgusting and shameful customer service. Been with o2 for 12 years... 12 years too long. Dont worry though, if for whatever bullsh*t reason they cant transfer my number to Smarty, i'll just accept a new number.

Had 5g sim for over 2 years and rarely ever get 5g, pretty much only time is when im passing a 5g mast. Cant even get 4g let alone 5g in Renfrew town centre, 15 minutes away from Glasgow City centre.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7150 Posts
  • 136 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Emily3391
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply on my post about this exact same issue.

I too was on vm and I'm day 5 without it being transferred.

I'm sick of the wait times to get through to someone only to be fobbed off with the same "I ask you to wait 24hrs. I can assure you it'll be done".

I am infuriated beyond belief.

They've just told me after 2 hours of waiting and being cut off that they will ring me back at 6pm because it'll be done by then......which we both know won't be done.

If it isn't done, I'm cancelling.

Ridiculous. 

Message 3 of 4

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7150 Posts
  • 136 Topics
  • 25 Solutions
Message 4 of 4