cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing tarriff

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

I've been with 02 for years now and always enjoyed the service. However why are tarriffs so restrictive. I have an iphone 5 and 1GB of data. I usually go over it with a few days remaining. My phone bill is usually 51 quid a month.

My friend on 3 mobile has unlimited data and pays 20 quid less a month. I see him in work regularly laughing at youtube videos.

My question is why cant i change my tarriff to include more data? It keeps coming up "you cannot change your tarriff currently". its only 2 months till my upgrade! i like being with 02, i've enjoyed the service and i've been treated well but i'm finding it frustrating i can't enjoy having a smart phone to the same extent as others as i'm stuck with this tiny data limit.

I know most people will say "add a bolt on lol" but i'm spending 50 quid a month and i can't face putting it even more then that same friend is unlimited paying 20 quid less. it'll depress me too much, my  bill is too high.

why cant i change my tarriff to remove all those voice minutes i pretty much NEVER EVER USE for an extra 1GB of data or something?

I want to stay with 02 but i feel like i'm being pushed out. I know it must have been a chief executives plan "we wont need to spend money on updating our network if we cap everyones data....we can make way more money off these customers" every business needs to make money but its getting to the point that after 7 years i cant justify these bills anymore with such little data.

is there anything i can do to keep my bill the same and get more data?

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just think life is too short top be distressed about things that aren't really that big a deal after all. Sure if i was paying £40+ per month i would be thinking no way hosè but I'm not.

I know 4g will come. Not today. But it will come. If towns haven't got it yet it won't come to my village for a while.

So enjoy life. Be happy. And when my contract is up for review in May next year i will choose the one with the best signal.
Message 21 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
A good outlook on the situation.

I hope things do improve.
Message 22 of 33

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Things are already improving. I can now stream on 3g near my work as the local mast to that area has been upgraded. My employer recently moved from Vodafone to o2 so 80+ new contracts may have helped lol 😀

There is also more reliability than with Vodafone whose networks have a tendency to fail here. They work on a loop where a number of base stations link to a master one. If the master goes down they all go down.

And with fibre here the backhaul is improving so i can see improvements. 😀
Message 24 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would also add that i would be very cautious about returning to Vodafone in the future as Customer Service is AWFUL.

That said, some (not all) o2 staff must have come from Vodafone lol. I think o2 need to work on their CS. It used to be excellent. Now it is generally good.
Message 25 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tbh for the amount of times I've had to contact O2 Customer Service I've been happy how I've been handled.

I haven't used Vodaphone for years.

I've been lucky enough to be able to use the Networks without issue, so Customer Service levels haven't been guiding factor.
Message 26 of 33

MI5
  • 146977 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions
You will get good and bad CS on any network (and in fact any service you care to think of) so the priority should be the underlying company ethos.
You can always try again for a better agent or kick off with the complaints process if there is a good customer focused motive behind the company you are dealing with.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 27 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry i appreciate this has gone slightly off topic.

My view on CS has improved as my signal and hardware has improved.

That said i called CS recently just to let them know a local mast was down. Was only advising them. I didn't need a call back etc as being a 2g only mast data didn't work at all and hasn't for months so i just got used to it. CS Though were difficult and unhelpful so i ended up not bothering.
Message 28 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
" CS Though were difficult and unhelpful so i ended up not bothering."

In what way ?
Message 29 of 33

jonsie
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I have to agree that customer service only becomes an issue when you need it. O2 have never failed me in the near 20 years I have been dealing with them. Having said that, there have been a few issues on here that tend to point to the customer service falling short of what they once were.

Message 30 of 33