Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing my contract price for the second time

itani
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I have been with O2 for a while now, got an upgrade for £36.00 on an S3 nearly 2 years ago. Since then they increased the price to £37.15 and now they email me saying it will increase again to £38.15. Now I don't mind it's only £1 or £2 in the end of the day just dislike the way my contract changes and I have no power over it. Thank god my contract ends in May and they increase the price in March. They can have their extra £1-£2 a month but they will be losing a customer.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Happy Days
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Of com have just announced that phone companies will no longer be able to do this, I they do the customer can leave immediately with no penalty. As from 23rd January thy cannot increase tariff prices during a contract. Unfortunately it does not apply to existing contracts so I am stuck til July but will be leaving then.
Message 12 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Of com have just announced that phone companies will no longer be able to do this, I they do the customer can leave immediately with no penalty. As from 23rd January thy cannot increase tariff prices during a contract. Unfortunately it does not apply to existing contracts so I am stuck til July but will be leaving then.

We don't agree either but your post is totally wrong, I'm afraid....

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/O2-mid-term-rise-v-ofcom-ruling-Facts/td-p/611520

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 17

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I just hope that the media hype and which campaign read the new guidance fully and realise o2 is not in the wrong imoral etc. Ofcom Have set very clear Guidance and o2 are following it to the letter.

Which did not win the fixed is fixed campaign more media hype read the full argument and ofcom decision here (not just the snips in the media ) http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/consultations/gc9/statement/GC9_statement.pdf a long document but only by reading it will you see the truth.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's it for me too. Thought a contract was a contract. Silly me. Mine ends February so will be moving on.

Message 15 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

That's it for me too. Thought a contract was a contract. Silly me. Mine ends February so will be moving on.

It is and your contract has not changed!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

My supposed 'contract' has also been changed.  I thought a contract was a contract too.  Poor show from O2.  O2, I hope you monitor these forums and realise that you will not gain customer loyalty in what is a commodity market these days.  Very disappointed in you.

Message 17 of 17