cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant switch off voicemail from abroad? Really?...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I called o2 before I left the UK - I'm currently in Melbourne at the moment, and will be for 6 months - and asked for advice on what to do to lower my bill, data roaming etc - but nothing was mentioned about voicemail. I've now been out here 3 week and I'm being charged for voicemail! Even when I'm now using another sim in my phone!

Called o2 and pretty much got told - "yeah, should have done it before you left", well, they maybe should have said since I called to ask for advice about going abroad with my phone.

Ridiculous that there is not another number to switch off voicemail from abroad apart from the 1760 that you can only use in the UK, and theres nothing o2 can do from their side to switch it off!

Cheers for your help o2! Your advisor that I spoke to should have referred me to the Community pages and I would have found this out before I left.

Message 1 of 26
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Somthing I just found you could try is *#21#

Should turn off diverts:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 3 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
That's a bit of a joke:(

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 26

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Somthing I just found you could try is *#21#

Should turn off diverts:)
Message 3 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93978 Posts
  • 682 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Neither was I just stole it from Adams reply to an old thread;

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Please-turn-off-my-voice-mail/td-p/267862

Hoping it works. I have no idea how to enable diverts again though:(
Message 5 of 26

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Stupid idea probably but what if you put the international dialling code before 1760?
Message 6 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93978 Posts
  • 682 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:
Stupid idea probably but what if you put the international dialling code before 1760?

YepSmiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 26

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Haha. It sounded like a feasible suggestion:(

slight_smile
Message 8 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the responses! slight_smile

I tried the international dialing code in front of the 1760 - didnt work slight_frown but I'll try the ##21# and see if that works.

But you would think it wouldnt be this difficult, and there would be something o2 could do from their end 😕 failing this, I just need to hope no one else leaves a voicemail message for me!

Message 9 of 26

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
It is a bit pathetic that they can't control it from their end.

Surely it's a setting within your account that calling 1760 changes? Leads me to think they should be able to.
Message 10 of 26